How many of you will be watching Carnival Magic leave Galveston?

coolsky1994

The ship will leave today at 4:00 for her first caribbean roundtrip. Hear is the link for the port cam:

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

Nanuak is right. The Magic is staying in port overnight for her Pre-inagural celebrations! She departs tomorrow for her 6-night inagural cruise, and will begin her regular 7-night schedule next Sunday.

Never understood the fascination over this. Does not help me get closer to my next cruise.

Maybe everyone is fascinated because this is the brand-new Magic's first time in Galveston? (First time in a U.S. port!)

That's the reason I'm fascinated! :D

So do you only do things that make your cruise come quicker? Please let me know what they are, because mine never seem to come quick enough.

No. Just do not have any interest in watching other ships leave port. If others do thats cool.

The TA's and VIP's are only staying the night on the ship. They will not sail on her tonight. They will be leaving the ship tomorrow morning. The people that are sailing on the 6 day will embark tomorrow as usual and the ship should leave around 4.:)

Never understood the fascination over this. Does not help me get closer to my next cruise.

I have been watching ships come in and out of Galveston for about 4 yrs now every Sunday. I have to get up extra early as I live in Arizona and we do not ]observe day light savings. THIS DOES HELP ME GET CLOSER TO MY NEXT CRUISE.

I am assuming that she will leave on schedule but they are continuing to work on the malfunctioning thruster that had us miss Grand Turk and spend two days in Freeport, Bahamas while it was worked on. Did not get it fixed so they loaded everything up and planned to continue working on it in Galveston.

It was a great cruise and the Magic is awesome!!! We love her. No problems getting off yesterday morning - very smooth.

Joan

Heck I just enjoy watching that massive ship come down the port and dock. My next cruise is at least 2 years away and it will be on the Magic. Some folks find it boring - not me...love love watching the webcams early in the morning when they arrive and late in the afternoon when they leave.

I have been watching ships come in and out of Galveston for about 4 yrs now every Sunday. I have to get up extra early as I live in Arizona and we do not ]observe day light savings. THIS DOES HELP ME GET CLOSER TO MY NEXT CRUISE.

]

We are all different. If you enjoy it go for it.icon7.gif

We did the transatlantic crossing from Spain. Biggest interior room we've ever had! On a central hall, Deck 6, quiet as a mouse, began to wonder if anyone else were in the cabins on that hall. Everything seemed to be less crowded!

Im home. I LOVED the Magic. I thought it was both beautiful and elegant. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I have not even looked at my pictures, just crossing my fingers they came out.

But Im home. tired!!! (I did triumph just before this and stayed in Galveston to wait for Magic). I feel like Iv been gone forever.

Archived