Just got off the Star

wejamn

Hi bryanjaync,

I have been on the Star several times and noticed that the Aqua was MUCH louder than Versailles. I also have trouble hearing with a lot of background noise and try to find quieter places to dine. I had thought that Aqua, being smaller, would be quieter, but it was the opposite. The ceiling was much lower than the Versailles ceiling and perhaps the tables were closer together, but whatever the reason, it was drastically louder.

To the OP:

Who, among the suite-guest, has access to the reserve seating in the main show room ? Travelling with my 83 yo parents ( we have two of the SG suites), and they would love / benefit greatly from the reserve seating.

How quiet was Aqua or the other MDR? Father wears two hearing aids, and on prior cruises, MDR noise was a factor.

Did they offer suite passengers a bridge tour ? Again, my Dad would love this.

Thanks.

Costa Maya without a doubt would go back to Tropicante Steve is great and his staff will take care of you send him an email first for sure. we stayed there ate and drank beer all day for $75.00 5 people had atleast 5 buckets and food was very good. there is a fair amount to do in the port itself but going to Tropicante is well worth the $3 cab ride. i have his email if you need it. Also his silver jewlery buddy apperas to be the most honest around if interested just ask about him.

We've emailed Steve and he responded to say that he would keep 2 loungers aside for us. I'm just wondering when you got there, did you just introduce yourself and he had your name on a list? We are really looking forward to spending the day at the Tropicante.

Thank you for all the information so far. Your suite had the 2 balconies. I am in one of the penthouses at the front of the ship that just has the forward balcony. Were you able to use the front balcony during sea days. Thanks.

Rob

for some reason i am having trouble posting files and pictures on here not sure if i am doing something wrong or what. when i try to attach a picture it it keeps saying download failed any suggestions?

Thanks for trying Wejamn! Here is a link from CC that may help. Scroll down the post until you get to attachments.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting

We've emailed Steve and he responded to say that he would keep 2 loungers aside for us. I'm just wondering when you got there, did you just introduce yourself and he had your name on a list? We are really looking forward to spending the day at the Tropicante.

Make sure you tell the cabbie where you are going they will pull you up to his building go around the side of the building and one of his staff will meet you as long a they have your name your good to go. you can ask for steve but he will come around regardless make sure you tell him if you are going to be too late as some people bail on their reservations so eventually he will give your tables away if he doesn't think your going to show.

Thank you for all the information so far. Your suite had the 2 balconies. I am in one of the penthouses at the front of the ship that just has the forward balcony. Were you able to use the front balcony during sea days. Thanks.

Rob

we spent a lot of time on the front deck there is a far amount of wind break if you are in your lounger. we were fortunate that we had great weather and seas for alomst the whole trip. there were a few times when yes it was a little to windy to be out there for long.

Patrick was the concierge and Lucky was the butler and Combrein(?) was the steward all were very good.

Patrick looked after all you wanted outside the room basically from seating at shows to booking trips and restaurants to getting you on and off the ship. in our room we had a cordless ship phone which was to keep in touch if we needed either the concierge or butler as well keeping in touch with other travelers in different state rooms.

Lucky looked after anything within the room basically if you needed more limes he would find them if you needed room service he would deliver, last day he also retrieved our liquior purchases made during port visits.

Finally Combrein who was very good kept room clean and ice bucket filled.

Thank you so much! Just one more question; can the couch be pulled out in order to sleep a third person?

Toni

Thank you so much! Just one more question; can the couch be pulled out in order to sleep a third person?

Toni

Never pulled it out but it looked like it would yes there are also sliding doors and curtains seperating the two rooms plus the additional washroom tons of room for three people

Wejamn,

We just got an upsell to one of the owners suites on the Star. Can you post some pictures of your suite? I would love to see them. Thanks.

Rob

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=358433&highlight=10006&page=2

That thread on page 2 has some of one of the ones on 9. There are 4 OS - 2 on 9 and 2 on 10 if you didn't already know that. There may be some more pictures in that thread but I didn't go through all 5 pages. I don't remember if those were from the Star or Dawn, but they will be very close to each other between the two ships.

Wejamn,

We just got an upsell to one of the owners suites on the Star. Can you post some pictures of your suite? I would love to see them. Thanks.

Rob

check out this YT video our room was pretty much the same a this one takes a bit to get through it but very much the same this is the DOS with two decks

Archived