Bringing Wine & Champagne onboard

LarAndShar

I know... We are allowed 2 bottles per couple...

however, being fortunate to have others cruising with us that don't bring their alloted 2 bottles wine/champagne onboard, we are bringing on 8 bottles for a 15 day cruise. (I've looked at their wine packages and I'm not pleased with their choices.)

My question is.... for those that have brought bottles on for dining room purpose... When do you bring your bottles to dining room?

We are getting married onboard embarkation day and I was curious if we could just give 4 bottles to coordinator when we board with bottles lables, reception, 1st dinner, 1st elegant night, 2nd elegant night, last night... and what happens if we don't finish the bottle that night??? will they re-cork and deliver to our table the following night?

I'm not worried about the corkage fees!

thanks for your help!

~S

I know... We are allowed 2 bottles per couple...

however, being fortunate to have others cruising with us that don't bring their alloted 2 bottles wine/champagne onboard, we are bringing on 8 bottles for a 15 day cruise. (I've looked at their wine packages and I'm not pleased with their choices.)

My question is.... for those that have brought bottles on for dining room purpose... When do you bring your bottles to dining room?

We are getting married onboard embarkation day and I was curious if we could just give 4 bottles to coordinator when we board with bottles lables, reception, 1st dinner, 1st elegant night, 2nd elegant night, last night... and what happens if we don't finish the bottle that night??? will they re-cork and deliver to our table the following night?

I'm not worried about the corkage fees!

thanks for your help!

~S

To be honest I am not sure about giving them to the coordinator.

I do know about the MDR and what we did.

We brought ours the night before for the next evening. Anything left from that night was stored and returned to the table the following night.

I have read that the space they have for storage is limited and that is why we brought it the night before.

Just make sure that each couple carries on the allotted amount and not you and yours carrying all of it. Better safe than sorry so to speak.

Congrats and Smooth Sailing:)

B and C Blake... your reply was very helpful thanks so much, We are all boarding together (approx 61 people) so if the bottles being in 1 bag are a problem I'll just hand the cruising guests their 1 bottle lol ;)

SadieN... I'm a frequent flyer on the wedding/honeymoon board, I've gotten alot of great info there but only for the wedding planning :)

We have opened our bottles in the cabin and brought them to the MDR. No corkage fees, and leftovers, we took back to our cabin. :D
tandemcruzr... thats a great $ saver idea, however we'll have bottles in cabin, and would like to have them in dining room also.

Thanks all for your thoughts!

Happy Crusing!

Yes - do have each person take on a bottle and then hand over to you after on board. Take a bottle to the dining room (open in your cabin) and they will seal and bring back but we had to ask for it - they never ASSUMED you wanted it the next night so make sure to ask for it. I would definitely recommend against turning the wine over for future use (1) it may get lost in the shuffle (2) they do not have room to store multiple bottles as there are 3000 people on the ship (3) you may decide to have everyone back to your cabin and might need some more (4) other guests may want their own allotment and not give it over to you. Have a wonderful time

Make sure the wine is in your carry on, as they do random searches in checked luggage and will take it away. Multiples bottles may be a problem as I think it states one bottle per passenger. On my cruise in September, I packed in my checked bag, only one bottle and they took to the naughty room. Any wine I take to the dining room befor dinner I just write name and cabin # on it and it has never been a proble locating in the dining room.

Make sure the wine is in your carry on, as they do random searches in checked luggage and will take it away. Multiples bottles may be a problem as I think it states one bottle per passenger. On my cruise in September, I packed in my checked bag, only one bottle and they took to the naughty room. Any wine I take to the dining room befor dinner I just write name and cabin # on it and it has never been a proble locating in the dining room.

Just wondering...is one large bottle of wine counted as 2 bottles of wine? We plan on bringing just the one bottle for the two of us.

Archived