Beware Customs

leodis

but if customs or TSA agents finds a illegal trying to sneak into the country' date='they call the immigration officers.........they are not likely to turn a blind eye, I am sure sometimes they do.....but they are always watching......

AKK[/quote']

TSA is the Transportation Security Administration their mission is protection of the US transportation system. As far as I know they don't care about people getting off of cruise ships. As far as I know one finds TSA agents at airports.

The first US agent one meets off a cruise ship is, I believe, typically a member of CBP - Customs and Border Protection. My understanding is that CBP is charged with protecting the US by keeping terrorists out of the country and enforcing immigration, drug and other regulations that apply at the border.

TSA is the Transportation Security Administration their mission is protection of the US transportation system. As far as I know they don't care about people getting off of cruise ships. As far as I know one finds TSA agents at airports.

The first US agent one meets off a cruise ship is, I believe, typically a member of CBP - Customs and Border Protection. My understanding is that CBP is charged with protecting the US by keeping terrorists out of the country and enforcing immigration, drug and other regulations that apply at the border.

Various of these agents board every ship entering the country...........They all work for the Dept. of Homeland Secruity, if you look at thier unifirms you will see seal of the DHS, . They are ALL charged with all the jobs you listed above...........they all work together.

After 35 years in the Maritime/ vessel/cargo damage investigations.I have seen and worked with all the various divisions close up.........its a team effort......not each blinding looking at only your specail job.

AKK

Why would customs officers be wanting to look for illegal immigrants? customs job is to prevent illegal importation of goods and evasion of tax and duty.

In the UK both of those tasks are within the remit of the UK Border Agency.

Wow. Really, £40 per PACK? That would be like $63 per pack in U.S. :eek: Glad I don't smoke. :)

The import duty for cigarettes in the UK is: "an amount equal to 24 per cent of the retail price plus £119.03 per thousand cigarettes". Plus you will then pay 20% VAT on top of that.

The OP was talking about UK customs not US customs. *

It only took 3 posts for the Americans to hijack the thread ;)

Archived