Post cruise query

PRIORY ROAD

We are on Crown Princess in March flying from London to FL and returning from FL to London at the end of the cruise. The ship arrives at 7.00 am but our flight back to the UK is not until 21.45. We have been offered a trip to a local shopping mall by Princess post cruise, but don't fancy the idea of hanging round there. Can anyone advise as to what happens post cruise. Are we dispatched to the airport straight from the ship, or do we get taken to a local hotel until nearer our flight time? The ship sails at 4.00 pm that day, so I'm sure they will want us off as quickly as possible. Any advice greatly received.

We were on a Panama Canal cruise last year and disembarked at FL. We had booked our flights with Princess and as part of the transfer we were taken to a hotel where we had lunch then on to the Dolphin Mall for shopping. We were then taken back to the hotel for tea then to the airport. I have seen posts on these boards since then saying that the hotel is no longer part of the transfer package - just the Mall then the airport. As far as I can remember there were other options available once we were on the ship depending on the flight time. Hope you get something to suit.

I can't speak for differences between UK and US passengers, but on 11/8 at FL there were many excursions offered to those with late flights. I didn't pay attention to all of them, but noticed a lot of fan boat, sightseeing, waterway, etc. These are only offered once you are on board. If you take part in one of these excursions, you board your tour bus with your luggage and it follows you around for the day. At the end of the excursion, Princess takes you to the airport with your luggage and the rest is up to you.

I didn't notice anything for a day hotel, but as I said, I didn't read the options thoroughly.

Hi There

Done this a few times with Princess you are one of the last groups of the ship,

Princess does take care of you up to a point, they have changed things a little since our last trip,

but your stuff goes on a bus, bus stays with you all day, you go to a mall,

Princess used to take you to a hotel for tea, and back again for a meal,

but understand you now have to buy your own food,

now as you have a late flight expect to be dropped at airport 3 to 4 hours before take off.

yours Shogun

We disembarked off the Crown in Oct after a NYC to Quebec cruise at 9.45am and were taken immediately to the airport at Montreal. We arrived there at 1pm for a flight at 9.30 that night - we had 8 plus hrs to kick our heels at the airport, couldnt even check in till 4pm. Very disappointing ending to a fab holiday.

We were offered a 2 hr visit to Montreal but we declined as we had been there already but those that did left the ship at 8am and turned up at the airport at virtually the same time as us.

It sounds like they do things better down in Florida :confused:

Have a great cruise!

Jackie

The hotel is no longer included in the transfer back to the airport. I had a similar flight time back to London last month after my cruise on the Emerald.

I booked the transfer that had a short tour of Fort Lauderdale and then about 4 hours at the Mall. We still had a long wait at the airport.

Miami airport is nothing like Heathrow and there is nothing much to there.

In March I will be going on the Grand, this time I will book one of the disembarkation excursions. After the excursion you get dropped straight to the airport in time for your check in.

:D

Hi , We have been offered the same for our cruise in april, it appears its that or spend the day at the airport i am afraid. We cruised with princess about 7 years ago and on that occasion we were taken off the ship to the airport checked in, and then put back on a bus to take us to a hotel and country club for the day ( food included ) I am guessing now its all down to cost. Do feel a little peeved they are charging me £14 to go to a shopping mall though !! I am looking on it as a day trip. Have a fantastic holiday.

I posted questions on here and other boards to get answers to this same question. After our cruise to Alaska, our ship docks at 7am and our flight back to the East Coast isn't until 11pm - I ask questions on CC but was unable to get an answer -so I called and emailed several hotels around the Seattle airport and discovered they offer day packages - similar to over night packages. You pay for a day room (same hotel rooms used for regular overnight stays), but the hours are 9am - 7pm. This way we can relax in a hotel room instead of at the airport. The hotel is near the airport and offers transportation to the airport.

We are on Crown Princess in March flying from London to FL and returning from FL to London at the end of the cruise. The ship arrives at 7.00 am but our flight back to the UK is not until 21.45. We have been offered a trip to a local shopping mall by Princess post cruise, but don't fancy the idea of hanging round there. Can anyone advise as to what happens post cruise. Are we dispatched to the airport straight from the ship, or do we get taken to a local hotel until nearer our flight time? The ship sails at 4.00 pm that day, so I'm sure they will want us off as quickly as possible. Any advice greatly received.

we are on the ruby in feb and our flight was 830pm and we have taken up the mall trip as i have heard that even with a late flight you could be off the ship by 10 which would mean at the airport from 11ish til your fl;ight so even tho its not a very exciting trip we have done it to stretch our legs, have a browse and something to eat before our flight

i hope you find something to occupy you :)

Thanks to everyone for your advice. As we are on the Princess package it looks as if we will have to take up the mall option, really don't fancy spending hours in the airport. Had hoped that they were still taking you to a hotel to await your flight where you could relax before the flight home, but obviously not the case now. The thought of hours in the airport is not very appealing and will spoil the end of our cruise. Will investigate with our TA/Princess.

If you are going to Sawgrass Mills, they have a Rainforest Cafe. (A wild place to eat and shop!)

Though we find their food (just a bit) pricey, it's good quality food and it truly is a unique environment in which to enjoy a meal.

Archived