on-line check in for friends

mountainmare

Our friends do not have a computer so I'm doing online check in for them. It says are you a travel agent checking in for your client. I am not a travel agent checking in for a client but I am using my personal computer to check in for them (I have already checked in for us).

Do I just put in their booking number and all their info and use my e-mail address for contact info. I am also planning to print out their docs and luggage tags.

I KNOW I KNOW!!! It is ridiculous in this day and age to travel and still refuse to use a computer but it is what it is, until recently they refused to get a credit card.

I have done online check-in for people. I'd suggest you set up a "yahoo" or "hotmail" account to use as THEIR e-mail addy, because I can see that as having the possibility to create some sort of problem -- them having the same addy as you. For the people I've checked in online, they've had their own email addys, but got easily frazzled by the check-in process, so I just did it for them.

Do I just put in their booking number and all their info and use my e-mail address for contact info. I am also planning to print out their docs and luggage tags.
That's what I would do, because if you set up another email account for "them", you'd have to remember to check it regularly or you might miss something important.

Over 50% of the world and many in the USA dont have or like computers, many dont have cell phones either or electro devices. and are happy, well adjusted people who are not given to fad or fancy.

The reality is that you dont need a computer as much as you might think. They dont have a pad/pod/berry/tablet/ and have verry comfortable lives.

As for check in.... just have then call in to the 1-800 number and have Holland do it.. They have alreadu conned us into beleiving we have to do it ourselves.... really.

Our friends do not have a computer so I'm doing online check in for them. It says are you a travel agent checking in for your client. I am not a travel agent checking in for a client but I am using my personal computer to check in for them (I have already checked in for us).

I KNOW I KNOW!!! It is ridiculous in this day and age to travel and still refuse to use a computer but it is what it is, until recently they refused to get a credit card.

Since air and cruises have gone the way of e-docs now, I agree with the poster who suggested setting your friends up with a yahoo or gmail (or some other freebie) account. To remember to check it for them periodically, you can put it in your "favorites" list.

Libraries offer free computer use and most also offer guidance on how to use them, so they could learn the basics there and thus, have access to their e-mail/accounts, at their leisure. Just an idea.

It's very nice of you to do this for them though, as the info need for pre-clearance, is quite important and sometimes can be time consuming.

Maxine

IMHO, unless you are a TA legally it's not a good idea to do someone else's e-check in since you are accepting the terms and conditions of the cruise contract on behalf of the person you are checking in. By checking the TA box you are accepting that liability. Should there be a problem it could come back to haunt you.

With that being said, you need to set up a HAL user account in their name with the instructions on creating an e-mail address that previous posters in this thread have supplied. then you will need access to their personal identification information, passport, emergency contact information and credit card to complete the registration.

You can do it and use your email address.

The booking number is the most important item. Be sure to get their credit card info, unless you plan on using yours.

You can check 'cash' at the on-line registration and they can give their credit card when they check in.

Sail I tried that last time and when they went to check in it took over 30min (yes we were waiting and timed it) for it to get straightened out. Online check in used to be unusual ..there was a special line for those who did express check in by computer ( now you all know I really fit the HAL demographics). Now things have changed.

Bottom line is that I checked them in and will print out the docs, but next time they will have to call our TA (who is very very very good, local and very very very nice).

We do it every cruise and we're checked in with no delay.

Sorry you were inconvenienced. Sounds like a rep who was 'in training'. Being less than the most patient person, I would have suggested she get someone to assist her.

Archived