Current Concierges continued

PH8

HHHHmmmm....interesting....she was supposed to be getting on the day i got off to replace Allan...and that was back in April. Her husband is guest services Mgr and they have a deal that their contracts run parallel on the same ship...wonder what happened.

She did get back in Apr (14???) but she left again on May 19!!! Don't really know why: waiting for Allan to answer my message!!!!

Sent Natalia an E-mail... Still waiting for her response!!!

It is atypical that I would post while still on a cruise since, as we all know, internet minutes are costly and the connectivity is at best sporadic. My family of four has been onboard the Explorer of the Seas for a mere three days of a nine night cruise. However, one accolade is already noteworthy and due for the services of one member of the crew. Please keep in mind that my husband and I sail are committed to and sail solely on Royal Caribbean Cruise Line’s ships after experiencing the offerings of several other cruise companies. Thus, we are Diamond Plus Members.

Mr. Mario Reyes, our Concierge on the Explorer of the Seas, is by far the most extraordinary crewmember who we have ever encountered in this capacity on a vessel in the Royal Caribbean fleet. Too often, we have boarded a ship and have never known who would serve as the Concierge. Mario, however, wrote a warm and welcoming email to us prior to our sailing, and we replied with two requests that he gladly accommodated as we saw upon embarkation.

As usual, we searched for the Concierge Lounge immediately upon boarding and found it to be comfortable and very well maintained. Prior to dinner on the first evening, our family visited the Lounge for a pre-dinner drink. Mario immediately welcomed us with a sincere smile and a firm handshake, yet that was simply the beginning of our experience. Throughout the hour that we were in the Lounge, we noted that Mario never stopped for a break, as he spent every moment greeting his guests and making them feel comfortable and at home. At times, when seating was scarce, Mario ensured that everyone could find a spot to relax, chat, and be at ease in what we later learned he considered his home. Following dinner, we even returned to the nearly empty Lounge, not to drink, but simply to converse about Mario’s experiences while working for Royal Caribbean and to enjoy his charming demeanor.

Every morning, upon wakening, we have seen that a message is waiting on our telephone. Of course, it is Mario with a special wakeup greeting and particular details regarding the day’s happenings. It always concludes with his personal contact information and a reminder that he is there to assist us with any issues or needs that we might have during the day. This further demonstrates his devotion to his job. As we have seen, he readily attends to any request made by one of his guests.

Mario Reyes does not consider his position as the Concierge on the Explorer of the Seas to be simply a job. As he has said directly to me, “My guests are my family.” As would any family member on land, he will do whatever he can to ensure that we are at ease and that every need is addressed in not only a timely but also a pleasant manner. Mario should be considered by the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line to be one of its most valuable and dedicated employees who is indeed worthy of praise and commendation.

Peg Woltz (Ms Klaus-111)

We just had a super time on the Grandeur (first cruise out of its revitalization). Fernando Cataldo is the new Diamond Concierge (in the brand-spankin new Diamond Lounge). This is a copy of the e-mail I sent him thanking him for all the great service. If any of you have the chance to cruise with Fernando (repeat or first time) I know you will be treated "Royally".

-Matt

Dear Fernando,

S---a, R--l and I want to thank you and Abraham for helping to make our vacation/celebration FANTASTIC! We all looked forward to 5pm (or as close to that time as possible) to enjoy your company as well as the company of the other Diamond guests. Your genuine concern for our comfort and happiness as well as your love of all things Royal Caribbean is evident in your enthusiasm for your job.

Please make sure you pass these same thoughts on to Abraham (our Diamond waiter) as he made us feel very relaxed, made us smile and really took care of us (did they restock with enough Finlandia Vodka???). You make a great team and we look forward to sailing with both of you in the future at some time.

Best regards,

Edited by Otterman34

We just had a super time on the Grandeur (first cruise out of its revitalization). Fernando Cataldo is the new Diamond Concierge (in the brand-spankin new Diamond Lounge). This is a copy of the e-mail I sent him thanking him for all the great service. If any of you have the chance to cruise with Fernando (repeat or first time) I know you will be treated "Royally".

-Matt

Matt,

This is great to hear since I'm in the middle of booking GR for Aug 19.

I've wanted to take a revitalized Vision-class ship since I saw the videos of SR last fall and GR fits into my schedule.

I don't think I know anybody who's been to PMI, so I've got lots of questions. Did you stay there before and/or after the cruise? Where?

I'd appreciate whatever advice you can point me to, but I'll also contact Fernando and Raj.

This was our 4th or 5th time having Rahul as our DL Concierge and he was fabulous. Helped with reservations. Managed a very large group of Diamonds (had an overflow area just outside the door in the Viking Crown Area). Did not get any WOW cards or we would have deisgtnated him as our WOW employee.

Sherri,

He got a WOW card from us. :D

Nice to hear all the positive comments about the concierges!!:D

Kathy, I got dates for Willie (freedom) and Ricardo (Navigator)

Willie will leave and June 17 and he will be back on Sept 16;

Ricardo will leave on June 24 and he will be back on Aug 11; don't know about the replacements;

Can any one confirm this? Just heard that Natalia and Santi left the Co, on May 19; Allan and Charmine will be the new Concierges on Oasis;

Hope this will help a little!!!

Kathy, I got dates for Willie (freedom) and Ricardo (Navigator)

Willie will leave and June 17 and he will be back on Sept 16;

Ricardo will leave on June 24 and he will be back on Aug 11; don't know about the replacements;

Can any one confirm this? Just heard that Natalia and Santi left the Co, on May 19; Allan and Charmine will be the new Concierges on Oasis;

Hope this will help a little!!!

Kathy,

I'll be on FR starting this Sunday, so I'll send an update.

Thanks you two...........

AD Adventure of the Seas -Reshma

(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi date TBD)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Rahim and Dexter Fraser(Fernando on vacation)

(Diamond)-Kenton Stubb

BR Brilliance of the Seas -Anis Tebbeb(06/02/12 till 07/03/12)

Betsy Medrano(on vacation)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser(on vacation 07/06/12 till end of Aug)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Mario Reyes as of 4/12/12-(Carlos Javier Ortiz)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)- Rahul Barua as of 6/17/12-(Willie Salaya on vacation 6/17/12 thru 09/16/12)

(Diamond)-Verdine Leotaud as of 06/17/12

GR Grandeur of the Seas -(Suite Concierge)-Raj Bhugwath(till July 2012)

(Diamond) Fernando Cataldo(till Oct 2012)

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Ken Boodoo till 10/31/12

(Diamond) -Silvia Abreu De Gasperi until 06/30/12(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel of the Seas -Jasmin (Nedere Reid on vacation till 07/02/12)

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (Oana Popa on vacation till 6/21/12)

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -(Concierge)-Luca Iorio

(Diamond)--Erik Lafitte

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas –Ricardo Mock (Karen Hernandez on vacation 04/12 for 4 months)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Francis Calimag and Charmaine(Natalia on vacation)

(Diamond) Hayley De Vos Luzio

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen-as of 06/01/12(Steven Newall on vacation)

(Diamond) Gazetty James(as of May 18th)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas-(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay(Mone't Morning on vacation)

(Diamond)Abigail Hendriks as of 06/01/12

SR Serenade of the Seas -Daniel Ascoli as of 06/10/12-(Francois Roux on vacation 06/10/12-returning 07/28/12)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi (Telma Santos on vacation 05/02/12)

(Diamond)Carolina Costa

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Mei as of 6/19/12--(Israel Sanchez on vacation as of 06/19/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Matt,

This is great to hear since I'm in the middle of booking GR for Aug 19.

I've wanted to take a revitalized Vision-class ship since I saw the videos of SR last fall and GR fits into my schedule.

I don't think I know anybody who's been to PMI, so I've got lots of questions. Did you stay there before and/or after the cruise? Where?

I'd appreciate whatever advice you can point me to, but I'll also contact Fernando and Raj.

Beth,

Our cruise left out of Barcelona and finished in Venice, so unfortunately I can not help you with Mallorca :(

Sorry

Update for Oasis - just back from 5/26 sailing:

Concierge Lounge - Charmaine Fernandes (who was the Diamond Club Concierge last year) & Francis Calimag

Diamond Club - Hayley De Vos Luzio (replaced Charmaine when she moved to CL).

All three were great with us!

Charmaine sure does get shuffled around a lot. She was on EN the beginning of last year filling in for Reyno while he was on vacation and she just got off of Radiance on May 11 after being Diamond Concierge.

Edited by cruisenfever

Update for Oasis - just back from 5/26 sailing:

Concierge Lounge - Charmaine Fernandes (who was the Diamond Club Concierge last year) & Francis Calimag

Diamond Club - Hayley De Vos Luzio (replaced Charmaine when she moved to CL).

All three were great with us!

Thanks for verifying what I have..:)

Beth,

Our cruise left out of Barcelona and finished in Venice, so unfortunately I can not help you with Mallorca :(

Sorry

Oooops - I forgot that they have a few one way trips on GR. Actually, things are changing and I may not get to PMI (this time) after all.

I'm still glad the revitalization was as expected and not just hype.

Oooops - I forgot that they have a few one way trips on GR. Actually, things are changing and I may not get to PMI (this time) after all.

I'm still glad the revitalization was as expected and not just hype.

I give up. What/where is PMI?

Happy to oblige. Do you need first hand reports from any other ships?:rolleyes:

For the most part,I have been in touch with some of the concierges themselves......the ones that could use updating are the ones without any dates on them......