Current Concierges continued

PH8

This link will give you the information and pictures http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44606846&postcount=3824

Both Mario and Reyno are excellent at what they do.

I totally agree, Patti. We had a nice visit with both of them on Saturday, while touring the ship. BTW, it is a LONG walk to the CL at the back of deck 12. :)

Mahgeesh left for vacation and said he was going on the Freedom of the Seas when returning. One of the best concierges I have ever met.

Agree about Mangesh. Will update the Google Doc and look forward to seeing Mangesh! Is he going to be in the DL -- Rahul is in the CL. And these lounges may be in the same area after FR Drydock -- according to some things I have heard but what is really done during drydock won't be accurate until the ship comes out of drydock.

I looked at the spreadsheet for Oasis but I am a little confused..

We have a suite on deck 17 (we are also Diamond Members) will Israel or Rami be in the suite lounge for the Oasis 12/13/14 sailing?

Right now, they're alternating 2 weeks in the suite lounge and 2 weeks in the Concierge Lounge. Rami said they are going to keep that rotation until the CL closes permanently in preparation for the opening of Wonderland.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How miraculous... ;) Backs up what I said but regardless, I am pleased you can get the type you wanted. Still, that being said, make sure you get on to him confirming the cabana number etc as soon as you are on the ship.

Have a great cruise :)

I decided I would like to know my cabana number now ( a little excited :rolleyes:) so I emailed Gustavo back asking if he would tell me my cabana number so I could look it up on pictures of Barefoot Beach. This is the response I got back.

I want you to start the day in a good mood.

I had a cancellation and now you have an Over The Water on Barefoot.

He couldn't give me the number? Or....he is waiting to decide who gets which one? :confused: Either way, seems odd.

:cool:

I decided I would like to know my cabana number now ( a little excited :rolleyes:) so I emailed Gustavo back asking if he would tell me my cabana number so I could look it up on pictures of Barefoot Beach. This is the response I got back.

I want you to start the day in a good mood.

I had a cancellation and now you have an Over The Water on Barefoot.

He couldn't give me the number? Or....he is waiting to decide who gets which one? :confused: Either way, seems odd.

:cool:

Yes, it does seem a little odd. I haven't had a cabana before this experience but honestly, the whole experience was more than a little complicated and stressful.

I can understand you wanting to know, although, I haven't heard of people getting them before the cruise. That being said, no reason why he couldn't at least answer your question.

I'd print off the emails he sent to back you up on the ship should there be any problems, which I hope for your sake there aren't!

For the record, Gustavo goes by the name Butcher. He's a terrific and friendly concierge. He is unable to give a cabana number because it's not the job of a concierge to assign them. Cabana assignment is the job of shore excursions the last I heard and they assign them after you board, you can request a specific number but there is no guarantee you will get that one. It's possible you won't know your number until the day before you arrive at port.

Remember most concierges also don't have English as their first language. They are all literate but their writing skills in general aren't as advanced as their spoken language skills. Please go easy on them.

Never once, in our 2 week cruise, did he refer to himself as Butcher to us!

I am pleased you and probably most others had a positive experience with him, however, this won't be the experience for everyone and for us, unfortunately, we didn't find him 'terrific' or 'friendly'. We tried several times to have conversations with him, were always polite and aren't people with endless demands but we didn't receive any friendliness in return. However, he did say he was having a tough time with certain high level guests on board and this was causing him to have a few bad days. I was sorry to hear he was struggling with some people but that shouldn't change how he treats others. I have worked in Customer Service my entire working career and no matter what is going on for me personally or how another person has spoken to me, I just wouldn't get away with being 'off' with the next person I speak to. We met several people in the Concierge Lounge who felt the same way as us.

I hope if he is Concierge on any of my future cruises, that I find him to be as you have.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

For the record, Gustavo goes by the name Butcher. He's a terrific and friendly concierge. He is unable to give a cabana number because it's not the job of a concierge to assign them. Cabana assignment is the job of shore excursions the last I heard and they assign them after you board, you can request a specific number but there is no guarantee you will get that one. It's possible you won't know your number until the day before you arrive at port.

Remember most concierges also don't have English as their first language. They are all literate but their writing skills in general aren't as advanced as their spoken language skills. Please go easy on them.

For the record, his emails have been signed Gustavo A Butcher. Since I have not had the pleasure of meeting him yet, I could not be aware of what he prefers to be called. I am sure he is terrific as is the majority of RCI crews.

Second, I was just surprised by his response. Based on your explanation, ihis response could have been simply that ithe cabana will be assigned by the Excursion Desk or on board. I only asked him because others on CC had said their concierge gave them there cabana number prior to the cruise. I am just excited about this cruise because it is special occasion for us and wanted to locate it on some of the pictures of Barefoot Beach. Thank you for enlightening me on the process of assigning cabanas.

Lastly, this is not my first cruise. I am aware that for the majority of the crew, english is not there first language. In fact, we always go out of our way to learn about their home and language. We want to make them feel as comfortable as they make us. I do not feel I was being "hard" on my concierge. I'm sorry if you thought I was.

Thanks!

Pennie

We just contacted Gustavo and he seemed very pleasant. We love Raj, so we will see how it goes. He sounded more like a "suites first" concierge, and top level CAS members second. But that's just on first glance.

Does anyone happen to know who current hotel director is on Independence?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where is Betsy? She was on the Vision in July.

She's home, in Costa Rica! She doesn't know if she will be back!!!

Sending her a message, and I'll let you know, when I get the answer.

Please tell her Terri (helped her with a letter) wants to know. She can email me at the screen name at yahoo. I think her daughter is graduating in December.

Thanks

I'll send her another message with your email address!

Please tell her Terri (helped her with a letter) wants to know. She can email me at the screen name at yahoo. I think her daughter is graduating in December.

Thanks

She got your email! Glad to help!

We just contacted Gustavo and he seemed very pleasant. We love Raj, so we will see how it goes. He sounded more like a "suites first" concierge, and top level CAS members second. But that's just on first glance.

Does anyone happen to know who current hotel director is on Independence?

Dan,

We are just off the Ta and it was Kevin Thorogood.

Jamie is now the CD as Tim O'Connor had to go home as his wife was ill.

Gemma is his sidekick.

No date was given for Tim's return

For the record, his emails have been signed Gustavo A Butcher. Since I have not had the pleasure of meeting him yet, I could not be aware of what he prefers to be called. I am sure he is terrific as is the majority of RCI crews.

Second, I was just surprised by his response. Based on your explanation, ihis response could have been simply that ithe cabana will be assigned by the Excursion Desk or on board. I only asked him because others on CC had said their concierge gave them there cabana number prior to the cruise. I am just excited about this cruise because it is special occasion for us and wanted to locate it on some of the pictures of Barefoot Beach. Thank you for enlightening me on the process of assigning cabanas.

Lastly, this is not my first cruise. I am aware that for the majority of the crew, english is not there first language. In fact, we always go out of our way to learn about their home and language. We want to make them feel as comfortable as they make us. I do not feel I was being "hard" on my concierge. I'm sorry if you thought I was.

Thanks!

Pennie

I did not quote you previously as my comments were not directed to you specifically. The information I offered was simply for those who may not know.

I cut crew more slack than land CS employees for what I think are obvious reasons - no days off for an entire contract along with being away from family for many months at a time. I'm sure you understand all of that. Others, including lurkers, may not.

There have been some around here who have been very hard on a random concierge from time to time. I wasn't accusing you of doing so. I'm sorry if you thought I was. Thanks.

I did not quote you previously as my comments were not directed to you specifically. The information I offered was simply for those who may not know.

I cut crew more slack than land CS employees for what I think are obvious reasons - no days off for an entire contract along with being away from family for many months at a time. I'm sure you understand all of that. Others, including lurkers, may not.

There have been some around here who have been very hard on a random concierge from time to time. I wasn't accusing you of doing so. I'm sorry if you thought I was. Thanks.

Hi There!

We have Gustavo as our concierge on Indy in two weeks. Does he seem to be ok with D+ in the CL or is he more a suites only guy? I ask bc his email came across with the latter.

Thanks!