Pizza service

bliss_fully_happy

So we all know it is popular - especially from 10pm to 3am ish.

This has always been my experience, so why has no one done anything about it.

Here is the experience I am talking about:

30 people in a line for pizza - one person serving.

Deli guy sitting there doing nothing staring at the Pizza line.

Why oh Why is the pizza line not better staffed.

Why oh Why is there not a separate line for special orders, versus "I'll take what is in the window case." Line?

Ok vent over, still had my Chavre (sp?) pizza and I am glad to report that it was very yummy as expected.

I don't think that I have ever seen more than 5 or 6 people at anyone time in the Pizza line and have never waited more than 10 minutes to order a pizza from scratch and have it on a plate. Sorry, non-issue as far as I am concerned. I am never in a hurry or have to be anywhere when I am on a cruise ship.

I have seen longer lines and the reduction to only 1 person manning the station.

I think it's like everything else, they are cutting back in area's that they don't get revenue from.......I discovered last week that you can't even get grilled chicken on your ceasar from the pizza place anymore.......

Maybe I am very unlucky.

Normally not in a hurry, but this trip was the first time with 2 small kiddos.

So I was in a bit of a hurry to get back to the room.

Also it did coincide with camp letting out. (and in the past with no kiddos coincide comedian letting out, etc..)

Above you talked about 10 pm- 3 am. Is that not what you mean? Thinking not with 2 small kids.

Ever see the pizza line on a port day right before the ship is supposed to sail?

Buffet closes at 2:30 so the options is Deli, grill or pizza.

The pizza line is the longest.

But I will not stand in a line like that-- Its not like we will starve if we wait a bit.

Can pizza be ordered using Room Service late at night?

no.

but the brand ambassador surveyed his clan about what they thought about a $2.50 charge for late night 2 slice delivery.

and of course there were those saying , sure, great idea, it's cheaper than land delivery. :rolleyes:

late night sometimes i waited just to get the cooks attention in the back. its slow service but im never in a rush especially at night so it dosent bother me.

wasnt there a bell there?

I have seen that bell there almost every cruise

no.

but the brand ambassador surveyed his clan about what they thought about a $2.50 charge for late night 2 slice delivery.

and of course there were those saying , sure, great idea, it's cheaper than land delivery. :rolleyes:

Wasnt that after making fun of RCCL for doing the same thing?

Wasnt that after making fun of RCCL for doing the same thing?

You can have pizza delivered for no charge to your cabin on Royal Caribbean with the exception of midnight to 5:30 AM and the charge is $3.95 and that includes the tip. It was implemented to cut down on waste and it has. At least you can get hot food delivered to your cabin on Royal so people can poke fun at the cruise line all they want.:rolleyes: Funny how Royal is brought into so many topics on this board. I guess it's called Royal envy.;) Also other cruise lines charge for pizza delivery. It's called Princess.

You can have pizza delivered for no charge to your cabin on Royal Caribbean with the exception of midnight to 5:30 AM and the charge is $3.95 and that includes the tip. It was implemented to cut down on waste and it has. At least you can get hot food delivered to your cabin on Royal so people can poke fun at the cruise line all they want.:rolleyes: Funny how Royal is brought into so many topics on this board. I guess it's called Royal envy.;) Also other cruise lines charge for pizza delivery. It's called Princess.

looks like someone missed the point.

when rccl first started charging for food in the mdr, and a room service surcharge over night, the brand ambassador poked fun at such an idea of the seas, saying this would never happen on ccl.

you can put your rccl pom poms away now.

looks like someone missed the point.

when rccl first started charging for food in the mdr, and a room service surcharge over night, the brand ambassador poked fun at such an idea of the seas, saying this would never happen on ccl.

you can put your rccl pom poms away now.

No pom poms here. ;););)

I have seen several people in line for pizza and I have seen only a few. In my experience, it doesn't matter how many are in line, the service is agonizingly slow. However, we LOVE the pizza, so we either wait or come back when we have more time.

Archived