How good is the HAL telephone concierge service??

big green

We had our first experience with a telephone concierge last winter. I was totally satisfied. The person on the phone was able to do almost everything the in-person concierge in the Neptune Lounge had done for us on previous cruises. In fact, the only thing I remember that was different was a request for something that needed to be printed. It arrived in my mailbox, rather than getting printed out while I stood there. All other requests were handled immediately.

Great service!

We used the telephone concierge service on the Rotterdam this summer and it was great! Jonathan seemed to be always available for us, whether it was making reservations, obtaining port information, finding flowers for a friend's birthday, or making our anniversary celebration special. I highly recommend it.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We used the telephone concierge service on the Rotterdam this summer and it was great! Jonathan seemed to be always available for us, whether it was making reservations, obtaining port information, finding flowers for a friend's birthday, or making our anniversary celebration special. I highly recommend it.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks for the reply --was this from the neptune lounge or was it from the dial up concierge service for superior suites???

Thanks

Bg

This was our first time in a superior suite (no deluxe this time so no Neptune concierge) so we had the one touch telephone service. It was quite efficient, however, they did mess up our reservations one time and it had been for an important event. So, I learned that if it's for something special, to make sure you go in person to double check. Otherwise, it was great and very convenient.

My partner and myself just returned from Hawaii on the Oosterdam, and we had the telephone concierge. Like one of the other posters, we usually had a deluxe suite, but we booked a superior suite on this cruise, we found the telephone concierge vere good, all of our requests were handled in a very efficient manner, and we thought the service was great.

Thanks for all the replies--good to know the service was good--we

will be on the Oosterdam for a cruise to Hawaii soon--

One more question since we will be in a SY --(we have open seating dining) --so can I use the telephone concierge to make dinning reservations for the entire period when we board on embarkation??

Thanks

Bg

We are looking forward to the phone service, as I hate standing in line at the concierge lounge, and theres always a phone wait.

We are hoping to book a SU (its HUGE, I toured it a couple weeks ago) on the Eurodam. Also its right next to the retreat and the Exploration Cafe which is huge for us. After our next two cruises that we already have booked, we will book an SU.

Archived