Paying for dinner reservations

uppitycats

We're going to be on the Amsterdam in June, 2012. I want to make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurant for our anniversary dinner (44 years and counting! :) )

Anyway.. If I do that now, do I have to pay for it now, or will it be added to my account? If I have to pay for it now, and for some reason we have to cancel the cruise, will it be reimbursed?

I guess I have the same question about excursions...if I book them now, when is payment due?

Thanks!

If the OP doesn't mind - may I add a little question.:)

Having paid for 3 Pinnacle reservations - on a particular time and day - and receipt confirmed

- Can I now assume that when we turn up at The restaurant - will we get our table (NOP not specified) at that day and time:confused:

- or should one check with concierge:confused:

If the OP doesn't mind - may I add a little question.:)

Having paid for 3 Pinnacle reservations - on a particular time and day - and receipt confirmed

- Can I now assume that when we turn up at The restaurant - will we get our table (NOP not specified) at that day and time:confused:

- or should one check with concierge:confused:

Probably still a good idea to confirm with the Pinnacle staff when you board to verify there have not been any changes. We prepurchased a particular night and time and that ended up being the night and time they were doing the wine masters dinner. We moved ours up 45 minutes in order to keep that night

I agree you should check in with the PG staff on the evening of embarkation to make sure everything is in order. We have a reservation for a group of 6 for Monday the 28th to celebrate our 40th anniversary and we requested a table by the window, so I will reconfirm the reservation next Sunday afternoon.

BTW congratulations on your upcoming 44th anniversary.:D

OK, Pinnacle is booked, and I'll check to be sure all is in place once we're aboard.

By the way...got a flyer from HAL in the mail and my cruise was one of those under the bannder " ....up to 35% off selected cruises! ..."

Got on the phone to my travel agent...she called HAL...called me back...got $300 off! That'll pay for dinner plus a bottle or two of bubbly! :D

Archived