Bannister Island

BUCKSALUMNI09

We will be on the Valor in December, and are wanting to go to Bannister Island in Belize but am confused on how to book.

I saw via another poster that you can book independently when you get off the ship and go to port. Anybody know if this is true?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1458917

Have also heard that you can book through Carnival and that is the "Snorkel & Beach Break Tour" but it does not specifically say it goes to Bannister Island...and it is $69.95 pp. We really just want to do the beach thing, not interested in the snorkel so that is pretty steep.

Have also read about booking through Coral Breeze; however again, not really intersted in the manatee thing but I guess if the first option (book when we get into port) is not an option, I would do this one.

Thanks!

We will be on the Valor in December, and are wanting to go to Bannister Island in Belize but am confused on how to book.

I saw via another poster that you can book independently when you get off the ship and go to port. Anybody know if this is true?

Have also heard that you can book through Carnival and that is the "Snorkel & Beach Break Tour" but it does not specifically say it goes to Bannister Island...and it is $69.95 pp. We really just want to do the beach thing, not interested in the snorkel so that is pretty steep.

Have also read about booking through Coral Breeze; however again, not really intersted in the manatee thing but I guess if the first option (book when we get into port) is not an option, I would do this one.

Thanks!

Have you done any searches on Bannister Island? I suggest that you take a look at the size of the island and what amenities are there. The issue in booking in port is that many vendors want you to wait until they have a worthwhile volume of people to tour with them. We agreed to one tour and waited too long and went to lunch. Port time is short and we did not want to wait for an agent to book others that may not even sign up. We have used Coral Breeze; some like them; we would not book with them again. We almost wound up stranded in Caye Caulker and on the trip there the small boat with WAY too many people stalled out. This is not an isolated happening. Good luck in your choice and have fun.

If your on Carnival , you can't book through Coral Breeze for Bannister Island. At least their web site states that, although I suppose you could try lying about it. That $70 is only $5 more than what Coral Breeze charges so why risk being denied the trip ?

If your on Carnival , you can't book through Coral Breeze for Bannister Island. At least their web site states that, although I suppose you could try lying about it. That $70 is only $5 more than what Coral Breeze charges so why risk being denied the trip ?

We are going to Belize in January and I am looking at Coral Breeze for this same excursion. I believe that it will accommodate Carnival Cruises. When I clicked on the date we are to be there, I got a message saying that 2 other specific cruises lines couldn't be accommodated but nothing about our Carnival ships. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

They just put the "Bannister Island" excursion up for my Feb. cruise. An advantage to booking thru CCL is that they pick you up directly from the cruise ship, and take you there. Otherwise, you would have to tender to Belize (20-25 min ride) and THEN literally pass the cruise ship to go back to Bannister. I don't know if this matters to you, but it might.

Archived