Next Cruise Certificates ? from a newbie

luvmysox1

Please tell me more about the certificate. How much are they? What kind of OBC's do you get? How long are they good for and do you have to book the next one while you r on the cruise?

Thanks ahead of time.

Also how does the loyality program work on RCI? I'm new but know I want to cruise RCI again.

I think there are a number of threads going on this topic, but the certificates don't "cost" anything. You're basically putting down a deposit on a future cruise - you do not have to decide on a ship or date and it never expires (in my understanding.) I just purchased one a couple of months ago and that's what they told me. I just used it today to book another cruise, and all I had to do was give RCI (or a TA if you use a TA) the certificate number and they pulled it up. You can only get a next cruise certificate while on board another cruise. You get some OBC for the future cruise when you finally do settle on a specific cruise and book it. OBC depends on the length of your cruise and what type of accommodation.

Someone with more experience with these, please feel free to correct me.

Also how does the loyality program work on RCI? I'm new but know I want to cruise RCI again.

As to the rest of your question about loyalty program, go to royalcaribbean.com and click on the Crown & Anchor Society tab - you can pull up a list of all the various benefits for different levels.

I think there are a number of threads going on this topic, but the certificates don't "cost" anything. You're basically putting down a deposit on a future cruise - you do not have to decide on a ship or date and it never expires (in my understanding.) I just purchased one a couple of months ago and that's what they told me. I just used it today to book another cruise, and all I had to do was give RCI (or a TA if you use a TA) the certificate number and they pulled it up. You can only get a next cruise certificate while on board another cruise. You get some OBC for the future cruise when you finally do settle on a specific cruise and book it. OBC depends on the length of your cruise and what type of accommodation.

Someone with more experience with these, please feel free to correct me.

Another q, if the ta is offering obc with the booking of a sailing with then can I also use a certificate for that booking also

Another q, if the ta is offering obc with the booking of a sailing with then can I also use a certificate for that booking also

Yes, you can combine the TA OBC with the OBC from a Next Cruise certificate.

As long as the TA is assigned that reservation. When you make a NC onboard, you can either assign it to RCI or the travel agent you booked that current cruise with (or perhaps any travel agent?). If you assign it to RCI, you'll need to transfer it to a TA for any perks from a TA. If you assign it to a TA, you have to book through that TA (it is doubtful they would "release" the booking to someone else).

As long as the TA is assigned that reservation. When you make a NC onboard, you can either assign it to RCI or the travel agent you booked that current cruise with (or perhaps any travel agent?). If you assign it to RCI, you'll need to transfer it to a TA for any perks from a TA. If you assign it to a TA, you have to book through that TA (it is doubtful they would "release" the booking to someone else).

I always assign the Next Cruise booking to RCI. I book the cruise with them whenever I'm ready...and then I transfer the booking (within the allowed time period) to my TA for the extra OBC. It feels safer to me to do it that way.

What are RCI's amount of the OBC's for each length of cruise? It might make the difference if it worth doing this.

I have bought certificates for other cruiselines and we love having a OBC on the next cruise.

If you book that cruise do get the OBC on the cruise ur are on or the next one?

Like having control on my reservations. I never use a TA. I always deal directly with the cruiseline.

Please tell me more about the certificate. How much are they? What kind of OBC's do you get? How long are they good for and do you have to book the next one while you r on the cruise?

Thanks ahead of time.

Hi there! Firstly, Royal asks you pay $100 per name to get a certificate for a booking. So two names comes out to $200. Now that acts as your deposit, so you wont be asked to spend any more money until your final payment date unless you book in a suite! Now the obc you receive is based on the length of the sailing. So seven nights will give you $100 USD. Great deal not to take advantage of.

As for the loyalty program, well its simple. You get 1 point per night per sailing, and 2 points if you booking in a junior suite or above. Did i also mention its a free program? So why not take advantage of all of the little goodies they have to offer there!

Pleasant Sailings!

What are RCI's amount of the OBC's for each length of cruise? It might make the difference if it worth doing this.

I have bought certificates for other cruiselines and we love having a OBC on the next cruise.

If you book that cruise do get the OBC on the cruise ur are on or the next one?

Like having control on my reservations. I never use a TA. I always deal directly with the cruiseline.

3-5 = $25 USD

6-9 = $100 USD

10-14 = $150 USD

15+ = $200 USD

So its worth it, as well as the reduced deposit alone, and you dont even need to pick a ship and saildate. You can get an Next Cruise booking! Whats cool about the NC booking is they will give you two Friends and Family Certificates that you can give to other staterooms, and they will be given the same amount of on board credit as you. Remember, thats only for NC bookings, not a "Decide Now" booking.

Have fun!

To reduce the cost of this Future Cruise Credit, can I just put my name on it and pay the $100? then when it's time to book add my husband on as well?

Yes, you can do that. However, when you add your husbands name they will ask that you pay an additional $100 USD per name you add to the reservation to satisfy the deposit needs.

You can have it assigned to whomever booked the cruise you're on (TA, yourself, or RCI), or check the box that allows you to decide later whom you want to assign it to when you actually select a cruise date.

Royal Caribbean will notify the Travel Professional who handled your current

cruise reservation of this new booking.

[ ] Should you wish to Decide Later who will handle your next cruise

booking, please check here.

Archived