How does premium alcohol package work? On my keycard?

Hobie

After I purchase the premium alcohol beverage, how does that work? Is it a sticker on my key card or is the package embedded on the magnetic strip on the card?

Will this be activated when i first check in at the port, or do I need to go to a bar or guest services (or somewhere else) once I am on board?

Thanks for your help.

After I purchase the premium alcohol beverage, how does that work? Is it a sticker on my key card or is the package embedded on the magnetic strip on the card?

Will this be activated when i first check in at the port, or do I need to go to a bar or guest services (or somewhere else) once I am on board?

Thanks for your help.

Actually, it's a mostly the sticker, or preprinted code, on the shipboard account card, but it's also in the computer assigned to your account. It's possible that a bartender could make a mistake and miss the code on the card, but that's unusual now that the plan has been in effect for over a year.

If you prepurchased the package, and paid prior to sailing, the shipboard account card will have the code preprinted on it and there is nothing more you need to do. However, it is possible to purchase on board, even after the cruise is underway, and in that case, a sticker will be placed on your card by the bartender who sold it to you.

Once you purchase a beverage package, all you have to do is show the bartender your sea pass card (stateroom card) and you don't have to sign anything. If you tend to use the same bartender, they will remember your sea pass number, and you will not even need to show them the card. The premium package will cover drinks up to and including $12. If you purchase something over $12, your sea pass card will be charged the amount over the limit. However, I am always able to find very nice offerings within the $12 range.

Remember, your package does not include drinks from your stateroom fridge, gift shops and room service.

I drink alot when on vacations, so it is a mega money saver for me.

Happy sailing!

Thanks for your answers. Much appreciated.

I know that I will pay an additional 15% for gratuities. i wonder if the individual bar tender or bar waiter will receive tips for drinks that they make or deliver to me?

do you stil have to pay an aditonal 15% even when you have the drinks package

No, you pay 15% of the package price at the time your purchase the package. You do not pay any tip at the time your order/receive drinks (unless you choose to add extra gratuity). The bartenders and servers are compensated by receiving a chunk of the gratuities you prepaid at the time you bought the package.

So if I purchase ahead of time I just hand them my card,they verify it is me (how?) and I get my drink?

Laura

They don't actually verify your identity. Of course if a lady were to hand the bartender a card that said her name was Harry, that might raise a flag, but otherwise, just having the card is identification enough. And I never had an issue bringing my wife's card with me and picking up a drink for both of us. Of course I usually go to the same bars, which means I see the same people and I usually tip them additionally after each drink, but that's not required...so don't someone take this thread off in a direction on tipping additional.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but two further questions from me regarding the premium drinks package:

1. Does it apply in all of the restuarants, for glasses of wine with dinner?

2. We've booked a suite and might dine in the cabin, especially on formal nights. Does the package include in-siute drinks delivered by room service or the butler?

many thanks.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but two further questions from me regarding the premium drinks package:

1. Does it apply in all of the restuarants, for glasses of wine with dinner?

2. We've booked a suite and might dine in the cabin, especially on formal nights. Does the package include in-siute drinks delivered by room service or the butler?

many thanks.

Hi,

1 Yes

2 No - room service & mini bar not included in package.

You will need to get drinks yourself and bring them back to your stateroom.

Jim

Hi All we were on Infinity a few weeks ago through the Panama Canal and had purchased the premium drinks package prior to sailing, it is very conveinient especially in the restaurants where you can have white wine with your starters and red withe the main course and as many glasses as you want. However when we checked our print out at home we certainly didn't get our monies worth, it takes one heck of a lot of drinking to do that! We were surprised though to see that a couple of the bars (bars that we had only used on odd occasions) had booked a lot of drinks that we had certainly not had, they must have recorded our details and used them to inflate their gratuities, it was no problem to us but it wants watching.

The other thing to watch is that there were some new staff on board who were obviously on a learning curve and they booked the drinks to our account which we picked up on the television in our rooms, it took quite a bit of nattering customer services to get it sorted and deducted of our acc. I think that they must have issued a blanket instruction to all staff as after the first four days all seemed to be ok but just keep an eye on it.

Cheers!! the Gardener

Archived