obstructed veranda cabins

angel 77

We had one which I would say was in the most obstructed (or close to "most") cabions last month on the Solstice. It was 6187. It didn't bother either of us one single bit and I'd book it again in a heartbeat. A lifeboat was directly underneath our veranda so that we couldn't look directly down into the sea but could look out to the front and down to the boat deck just below and beside the lifeboat. For the price we got, for a 12 night Med. cruise, we feel it was well worth it. We booked a guarantee.

Just wondering how obstructed they actually are? (on the Eclipse, Solstice etc)

See for yourself.

This is front of the hump, starboard side section of lifeboats and tenders on Solstice. The worst obstructed balconies are the ones with both a tender and davit in front but there is still a decent view overtop as really it is only the downward view that is affected, unless you are seated or are very short in stature.

SolsticeSide03.jpg

No issues with this room, yes the lifeboat is below, but no problems with the view out to sea from the bed or balcony...wonderful to watch the ocean speeding by.

We're in 6250 in January, so could you please answer a couple questions on 6252? I figure our cabin will be the reverse of yours. Was your bed closer to the balcony or bathroom? Was the headboard of the bed towards the front or the aft of the ship?

Many thanks,

Kathy

I would say that if you have the type of personality that the view must be a great one, don't book an obstructed view cabin.

We got an obstructed cabin on Equinox 2 years ago. We booked it as a 1A, but in reality it was a 2C.

They ended up giving us each a $100 OBC for the mistake, but I would have gladly paid whatever the additional money is to not have to look through a lifeboat. And I am pretty frugal.

Plus at night (in our cabin anyway) a light was always shining from the boat and really spoiled the beauty of a night at sea out on the balcony.

YMMV!

We got an obstructed cabin on Equinox 2 years ago. We booked it as a 1A, but in reality it was a 2C.

Yes, I really wondered about the category rating of the 1A cabins on the hump of the Continental deck six on Solstice class ships especially the two on the front which are right beside the Cat. 2D obstructed balcony cabins and the last tenders.

Can you post a picture of your view and provide the cabin # ?

If you book a cruise on a Celebrity ship & want the least expensive balcony cabin (obstruted view) you will get upgraded to a 2A unobstruted & you also get a OBC & that is all for just $200 per couple. Imo ,it is the better way to book a cabin & save money;):).

If you book a cruise on a Celebrity ship & want the least expensive balcony cabin (obstruted view) you will get upgraded to a 2A unobstruted & you also get a OBC & that is all for just $200 per couple. Imo ,it is the better way to book a cabin & save money;):).

Details, please.

Details, please.
. first you need to be sailing on a Celebrity ship :rolleyes:.2nd you then go to future cruise bookings near the customer relations desk ;). There you book a obstructed veranda cabin & you will be upgraded to a unobstructed veranda cabin at no additional cost & you will also recive a On Board Credit which varies by length of cruise:D .The on board celebrity sales agent will explain it to you when you book ;).

. first you need to be sailing on a Celebrity ship :rolleyes:.2nd you then go to future cruise bookings near the customer relations desk ;). There you book a obstructed veranda cabin & you will be upgraded to a unobstructed veranda cabin at no additional cost & you will also recive a On Board Credit which varies by length of cruise:D .The on board celebrity sales agent will explain it to you when you book ;).

You are talking about booking a cruise while on a X cruise. That 'splains that.

Archived