AP Tours

poma

Want to book a tour with AP Tours for Rome and the Vatican. Anyone ever use them. Pricing is good

Thanks,

tony

We used AP tours for a whole day tour to Pompei, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento and Positano and had Lina as a guide. She was the best guide we have ever had, not only knowledgeable but also a very pleasant pewrson who spoke excellent English. She took us early to Pompeï before everyone else got there, she is a historical guide. Ask for Lina.

We just recently used AP Tours for a tour to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii. They were GREAT!! They worked with us in changing the order of stops. We had Arturo & Johnny as tour guides (2 vans). These guys were professional, fun, accomodating and not to mention good looking. We had such a great time with them. I would say it was the best tour we took during this trip. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

I am looking to book with AP Tours and the trip ends in Sorrento, the itinerary doesn't mention the option of a ferry back, do you just get given the option on the day? It sounds good, does anyone have any idea of the extra cost for this?

Thank you!

We are booked in Sept for this tour and we will be taking the ferry back. I think it depends on what time you must be back on board the ship.

We used AP tours for the Naples Pompeii, Positano, Sorrento tour and it was excellent, as previously reported. We also used them for Rome and they were equally excellent.

The CC roll call was a major part of our trip preparation, as it was just the two of us visiting Europe for the first time. We were able to put together a group of 8 which made the price quite affordable. Their communication was very good and as a result, we had pre-purchased tickets for key places like the Vatican Museum and the Colosseum, so we did not have to wait in lines. They also supplied a very good guide for the Vatican Museum. I still cannot believe all the places and things were able to visit and see in a single day in Rome thanks to them.

I definitely will use them again next time I have a chance, and totally recommend them. :D

We booked them for our Rome tour and they were Excellent! We had pre paid tickets and reservations for the Vatican Museum and the Colosseum so we had no waiting in lines. They supplied a guide to the Vatican Museum that was very good. I still am amazed at all the places we were able to visit and experience in a single day in Rome, and it was due to the way that they handled and arranged everything.

I totally recommend them.

BTW we put together a group of 8 via the CC roll call, since it was just the two of us on this trip. It worked out extremely well, and made it very affordable.

We used AP tours for a whole day tour to Pompei, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento and Positano and had Lina as a guide. She was the best guide we have ever had, not only knowledgeable but also a very pleasant pewrson who spoke excellent English. She took us early to Pompeï before everyone else got there, she is a historical guide. Ask for Lina.

Are you sure it wasnt Pina ? We have used APTours numerous times and have them booked again for this October. Excellent company that provides an excellent tour for less than the other tour companies...... Pina has been our guide twice - giving us a completely different experience our second visit showing us all new areas of Pompeii. She is excellent !

I am looking to book with AP Tours and the trip ends in Sorrento, the itinerary doesn't mention the option of a ferry back, do you just get given the option on the day? It sounds good, does anyone have any idea of the extra cost for this?

Thank you!

In our opinion the ferry back to Naples might be an option has other posters have suggested. It might depend on the time you must be back on board the ship, time of year, driving conditions, etc.). Our driver asked us the time we had to be onboard the ship (we did factor in some extra time for ourselves). Our driver obtained our ferry tickets, walked with us to the entrance of the ferry for the correct boat and made sure we boarded safely and on time. He also provided us with explicit instructions. It was our decision to take the ferrry and we chose this route back.

Want to book a tour with AP Tours for Rome and the Vatican. Anyone ever use them. Pricing is good

Thanks,

tony

We used them for a private tour of Naples/ Pompeii 2 weeks ago and would not hesitate to use them again for other tours in future. Excellent service from both Sarah in their office and Paolo our driver for the day.

We have booked the above company who say they send a voucher to print one month before the cruise, we are almost two weeks before travel and not yet received the voucher, is voucher necessary?

Not really. There will be a driver with a board with your name on it right as you exit the secure area of the port.

The voucher is really just a recap of the plans for the day. I would either contact Sarah again or just print out your previous confirmation listing what you requested and discussed with her previously.

That way there is no misunderstanding about what you expect for your day with them. But I would first send another email (after checking your spam folder) to them letting her know you have not received a voucher.

Just returned from cruise and we had AP Tours for an all day tour in Naples.

Just to reassure you we had a wonderful time with AP Tours (Giovanni(84) with no problems whatsoever. As was stated above our driver was waiting for us immediately outside the cruise terminal. We got there a few minutes early and he was there with a board with our name on it and we had a great day.

We have just returned from Crown Princess and had an all day tour with AP Tours and they were excellent. There were four of us in a very smart mini bus and the price was very competitive with the ships tours, but much more personal and we felt much better. We had a wonderful day.

We had an all day tour with AP Tours last week on the recommendations from Cruisecritics. They were excellent and our guide Giovanni(84) was brilliant. We did the tour from Naples to the Amalfi coast. If we had known that they did tours in Rome, we would have booked them for that port as well.

We also used APTours for a trip to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast from Sorrento last year. As it was a full day touring they were there waiting for us when we got of at 8.30am. There was 4 of us touring and they had a newish Mercedes van with excellent air-conditioning. A very important aspect in the heat of August.

Our driver pointed out sights on the way and would stop at places for us to take photos. We asked for a stop in Ravello where we had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the coast. We then went on for a quick walk and shop in Positano.

They organised a private guide in Pompeii who was an History Professor who made the city come alive for us with facts but also amusing stories. If you go there ask about the amusing graffiti from all those centuries ago. It seems some things never change. The private guide we paid separately at the end of his tour. Just make sure he lets the driver know though. Our guide forgot to tell our driver and the driver asked about it at the end of the day. When I said we had already paid there was no problem he took my word on it ...which was nice.

We arrived back to the ship in good time without feeling that we might miss it even though we had covered a lot.

Julie

Sorry for the copy from the other thread just wanted to put my recommendation for AP touring here as well.

• 10 months later...
We will be in Napels tomorrow and are not sure what Tour Company to choose. We are sailing on the Eurodam. HAL excursions are too expensive and start too early.

I can highly recommend See Amalfi Coast if you're interested. They will tailor your tour to your needs. Let me know if you need any more info :)

Fiona