One Day in Vancouver

jlb49

Hi,

We will be coming back into Vancouver from the Radiance on June 11 and have until 7pm that evening before we leave. We will have 4 teen girls (18,17, 16,15) and were wondering if anyone had suggestions on what to do for the day.

Thanks for the help!

if you have any money left :D , walk down robson street. it is like rodeo ( spelling ) drive. the girls will love it. your husband or man if you have one with you--maybe not :eek: .

i agree with the trolley too or ride also. there is so much to do in vancouver you wont be board. have a great time.

I agree with the trolley. We are scheduled to do that tour on May 14th. If the teens like adventure, let me also suggest the Capilano Suspension Bridge. I would be hard pressed to decide betweeen the two myself. If you take your time, you'll only be able to do one. If you want to do both, you'll be on quite a tight schedule.

Great suggestions! I knew I could count on this board to give me some ideas. The Suspension Bridge sounds great, as does Robson St (you are so right about having no $$ money when we get back!) and the Trolley. Now the decisions!

Thanks to those who have posted so far, and anyone else that might have opinions.

Hi....

The aquarium at Stanley Park is awesome. You can even get all decked out (in waterproof gear they provide & feed the fish!

On my 2nd trip into the city we lucked into a tour (& I think it was a fore mentioned trolley) "tour" where you get on/off the trolley at about 20 stops throughout the city all day long. It stops at Stanley Park, at the aquarium, the gaslight district, etc. etc. It was great.

Have fun.

greatcruisinghome

Check out this site for ideas on what to do http://www.vcmbc.com

My suggestion would be (provided it is a nice clear day) go up Grouse Mountain - at the top you can see a Grizzlie Bear Habitat with 2 bears, a loggers show, a bird of prey show, a film on the history of Vancouver ride a chairlift for more great views, wonderful views of Vancouver. http://www.grousemountain.com

On the way back from Grouse Mountain you can stop off at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. http://www.capbridge.com

To get there you can

1) take a cab - probably about $30 if no rush hour traffic on the Lions Gate Bridge.

2) From the cruise ship dock walk 1 block (left when you exit the cruise ship terminal) to the SeaBus station and ride the Seabus to North Vancouver. Once in North Vancovuer take a city bus or cab to Grouse Mountain.

No Grouse Mountain is not far from the city.

If scenery is not your thing or you have seen enough while in Alaska and you want more of a shopping type of day - check out Granville Island - Public Market - The Hop on Hop off Trolley will take you there. Lots of neat shops selling artists wares. You can also ride the False Creek ferries from here back to the West End of Vancouver.

Archived