Does RCL have post cruise excursions - Tampa?

firefly333

I am on Jewel next March and the flight home to DFW was considerably more expensive ($181 more) to fly home on March 26th, so I am hoping there is a post cruise excursion thru RCL. I already booked Hyatt for that night after and flying home 6 am the next morning .. so I am staying. It would be nice if RCL had a excursion that ended at the airport.

So far when I check it says no excursions for this port.

It could be because its so far in advance .. though they do show the ones for Cozumel, the port on the 4 day cruise.

Anyone have a cruise out of Tampa sooner, they could check for me?

TIA

Hi Firefly, Don't have the answer you're seeking but, here's a suggestion. There is so much to do in Tampa. I was on Ticketmaster to see if anything was scheduled for that night. They are only listing 90 days out. After the first of the year, you can check Ticketmaster and see if there is anything scheduled that night. You already have your hotel booked. Wouldn't that be something to catch a nice concert or play? With a little planning, you can buy tickets online and hop in a taxi and go. I know the taxi fare may get expensive.

I was wanting a RCL excursion so it takes me to the airport rather than just having to pay for a taxi there. My hotel will pick me up free from the airport, but not from the port.

But thanks for the suggestion on looking for tickets. I probably would not want to go to a concert by myself and just me staying after the cruise. I live in the Dallas area, so we have plenty of concerts here, but its still a good idea, except I was looking for something more in the day time that includes transport to the airport.

I guess this is a question people have not seen before or maybe RCL has not gone out of Tampa much recently?

The jewel just started making runs from tampa,, (radiance left end of April) If you don't get an answer before january I will be sailing jewel on jan16 and feb 3 and can check it out for you. If there are any questions I can answer for you about the Port or tampa area let me know and I will do my best to find out for you (I Live 90 minutes away now but tampa is where I was raised and still have family there). You might want to consider renting a car and exploring the area beaches or the Tampa aquarium is next to port and could take a shuttle back to airport...

Rick

Im just hoping someone is close enough to cruising that they can see if RCL is offering excursions after the cruise?

You said January .. I would think once you are within 3 months, if there are such excursions, they would show up when you click on your booking. if they dont show up within the 3 months out, like now when you click on your booking .. then I guess if you too get the note, no excursions for Tampa when you click for January, then they must not offer them. There would be no reason to have to wait until January to see if these are listed on the RCL site when you click on your booking.

I guess Im kinda surprised no one has ever cruised out of Tampa who ever looked to see on their booking if Tampa excursions were offered thru RCL?

If you get a chance .. maybe you could look at your January booking to see if these show yet.

I am on Jewel next March and the flight home to DFW was considerably more expensive ($181 more) to fly home on March 26th, so I am hoping there is a post cruise excursion thru RCL. I already booked Hyatt for that night after and flying home 6 am the next morning .. so I am staying. It would be nice if RCL had a excursion that ended at the airport.

So far when I check it says no excursions for this port.

It could be because its so far in advance .. though they do show the ones for Cozumel, the port on the 4 day cruise.

Anyone have a cruise out of Tampa sooner, they could check for me?

TIA

Hi Firefly333 -

Just got off the Jewel last Saturday (Caribbean repo Boston/Tampa).

No excursions were offered - only transportation to the airport. :(

Enjoy your cruise!

NEVER thought of checking thier website....

At 57 days out under tampa it says No shore excursions availble.. check back closer to your cruise... So does not look real good

Sorry

Rick

Yep, thats the message I see. Doesnt look good.

Hi Firefly333 -

Just got off the Jewel last Saturday (Caribbean repo Boston/Tampa).

No excursions were offered - only transportation to the airport. :(

Enjoy your cruise!

thanks .. darn. well it was a good idea as a way to wind up at the airport.

thanks both of you.

Yep, thats the message I see. Doesnt look good.

thanks .. darn. well it was a good idea as a way to wind up at the airport.

thanks both of you.

You are very welcome!

I forgot to mention that there is no need to spend a bundle on a taxi to Tampa airport. As you exit the cruise terminal, there is a booth where you can pay for your transportation to the airport - there is a sign in front of the booth giving the rates. For a group of 4 or more, it is $7 per person -

a great deal compared to RCI's $20 per person.

Happy sailing!

Archived