Port Canaveral vs Miami

croozlady

Can anyone who has cruised out of both Port Canaveral and Miami compare them for me?

Specifically, DD has a mobility impairment. We have typically cruised out of Miami and generally wait for a wheelchair so she doesn't have to stand and wait in lines. We get brought up in the elevator to the VIP area and board from there. Once we get to the gangway they take back the wheelchair and we walk her on.

How does Canaveral compare to Miami? I have heard its very organized and generally a quick check in, but I am not sure if we would still be in long lines that she would have to stand and walk through... should we still go the wheelchair route in Canaveral? We are anticipating being there at 10:30am...

Thanks.

Can anyone who has cruised out of both Port Canaveral and Miami compare them for me?

Specifically, DD has a mobility impairment. We have typically cruised out of Miami and generally wait for a wheelchair so she doesn't have to stand and wait in lines. We get brought up in the elevator to the VIP area and board from there. Once we get to the gangway they take back the wheelchair and we walk her on.

How does Canaveral compare to Miami? I have heard its very organized and generally a quick check in, but I am not sure if we would still be in long lines that she would have to stand and walk through... should we still go the wheelchair route in Canaveral? We are anticipating being there at 10:30am...

Thanks.

I can speak for Terminal 10 at Port Canaveral. This is the terminal used by Royal Caribbean and the Carnival Dream. This terminal does have accomodation for people in wheelchairs and has a separate waiting area for people with mobility issues or that need assistance boarding the ship. The process is very similar to Miami. Have a nice cruise!

I've sailed from both ports many times and the answer to your question is I dunno, it is hit or miss.

The last time I sailed Freedom from Canaveral (not too long ago) I experienced the worst lines and waits that I'd experienced in 30+ previous cruises. Several other Canaveral departures had never been like this but standing in a line for 2 - YES 2 - hours was not a good start to the cruise.

Not too long after, I booked Liberty (same class ship) from Miami and adding in my prior experience with Miami boarding (15 times or more) I expected something worse .... and lo, my Liberty boarding from curb to on the ship was close to a personal record.

What does that tell you? All the terminals have handicap' access and you should use it if appropriate

Archived