WiFi on Majesty

bluegirlum

I unfortunately am going to have to check in with work once a day on my upcoming Majesty cruise, and in searching the boards, it seems that the cabins don't have WiFi service. Is this correct? Should I even bother bringing my laptop or should I just use the RC computers? It would be nice not to lug my laptop, but if I can conveniently use it, I'd like to have quicker access if possible. I'm thinking I might be able to find hotspots in Nassau and Key West.

Thanks!

I just got off Majesty and I had no WiFi in my room, but I was on deck 2. That might have made a difference. There is WiFi at Festival Place in Nassau right inside the door from the pier where the telephones are. I thought the speed was pretty good, but I was only checking email on my phone. I did find that I needed to be right there for me to connect and I was unable to connect about 200 feet away. There will be lots of people sitting on the floor with their computers.

I unfortunately am going to have to check in with work once a day on my upcoming Majesty cruise, and in searching the boards, it seems that the cabins don't have WiFi service. Is this correct? Should I even bother bringing my laptop or should I just use the RC computers? It would be nice not to lug my laptop, but if I can conveniently use it, I'd like to have quicker access if possible. I'm thinking I might be able to find hotspots in Nassau and Key West.

Thanks!

Majesty does not have pervasive WiFi, but it does have about a half dozen hotspots throught the ship. There should be handouts describing the hotspots near the RC computers. If I recall correctly, some of the hotspots were places like Viking Crown, Schooner Bar, and Windjammer.

Majesty does not have pervasive WiFi, but it does have about a half dozen hotspots throught the ship. There should be handouts describing the hotspots near the RC computers. If I recall correctly, some of the hotspots were places like Viking Crown, Schooner Bar, and Windjammer.

That's very helpful. So I can sit in the Schooner Bar and check email and still feel like I'm on vacation! ;) Thanks!

That's very helpful. So I can sit in the Schooner Bar and check email and still feel like I'm on vacation! ;) Thanks!

Yes, but just so you are prepared, the ship's internet (either WiFi or Royal's PC) is slow, sometimes as bad as the old modem dialup. It's also expensive, starting at 65 cents a minute. If you have do do things that require megabytes of data transfer, you will be very frustrated. In that case, it would be better to wait until you are in Nassau or Key West and find a hotspot there.

Bob

Yes, but just so you are prepared, the ship's internet (either WiFi or Royal's PC) is slow, sometimes as bad as the old modem dialup. It's also expensive, starting at 65 cents a minute. If you have do do things that require megabytes of data transfer, you will be very frustrated. In that case, it would be better to wait until you are in Nassau or Key West and find a hotspot there.

Bob

Thanks! Yeah, I have used it before, so I remember. I just plan to check email and hopefully not send anything too big. I probably will plan on Nassau and Key West and the ship as a back up. I hope to disconnect as much as possible, and once I get to Key West, I can use my iPhone anyway.

We are in the same predicament as you Bluegirlum. We board next Monday and have to stay in contact with our office. I am bringing my laptop, my tablet and my phone which I had the international plan added. Sometimes you have to take it with you to get away from it all!! LOL!!

Archived