Not potty trained child/Disney kids club

luvhubandbabys

Disney kids clubs. What do you do when you have a over 3yr old child that is not potty trained.

Can you use the nursery?

Haven't cruised with kids before, I'm not even sure my kids would go in the kids clubs they are not in daycare and it might be overwhelming for them. But just in case would be cool to relax by the adults pool sans children. ;)

I think we are dealing with a power struggle with my daughter she turns 3 in Jan and I tried everything bribery ( stickers, candy, cookies, toys). Taking her to pot every 20 mins. Even putting her in underwear and letting her wet herself. Did it for 2 days and she didnt go #2 in those two days, I know she had to go because she looked like she had to go but she held it in. So that is worrisome. This child is headstrong. Blah! We haven't booked yet but just looking into it. I also have a younger child she is 20 mos right now and Im not holding my breathe as far as potty training goes.

Also to be considered fully potty trained if they need help with buttons, pants up down is that not considered fully potty trained.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can't help with the kid's club, but don't force your daughter....she will "potty train" herself when she feels it's important to her. I would ignore the entire situation and she may just surprise you! (I was like that when I was a kid....if someone WANTED me to do something....there was NO WAY I'd cooperate!!!!) At some point, she'll realize that all the other kids are NOT wearing diapers....and she'll take care of the matter herself!

As far as pants go...get elastic waists....no buttons, zippers, etc.!

For 3-and 4-year olds, who are not potty trained or who may prefer a smaller adult-to-child ratio (1-6), parents may request that the child be accommodated in Flounder's Reef Nursery, the infant and toddler group babysitting area. The fee for this service is $6 per hour, per child and is based on availability.

Hope that helps. :D

Can't help with the kid's club, but don't force your daughter....she will "potty train" herself when she feels it's important to her. I would ignore the entire situation and she may just surprise you! (I was like that when I was a kid....if someone WANTED me to do something....there was NO WAY I'd cooperate!!!!) At some point, she'll realize that all the other kids are NOT wearing diapers....and she'll take care of the matter herself!

As far as pants go...get elastic waists....no buttons, zippers, etc.!

Thanks. I know I told hubby that I don't care what anyone says maybe those techniques work for other kids its obviously not working for her. I put the potty seat away and havent spoke of it since. Funny thing is she talks a lot more about pottying now than when I was trying to PT her. LOL. I was so worried about preschool as well but I know I just gotta chillax!!

For 3-and 4-year olds, who are not potty trained or who may prefer a smaller adult-to-child ratio (1-6), parents may request that the child be accommodated in Flounder's Reef Nursery, the infant and toddler group babysitting area. The fee for this service is $6 per hour, per child and is based on availability.

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks that is good to know. :D:cool:

I'm pretty sure that they have to be fully potty trained to go in the regular kids club. Until then, you can use Flounders, but you'll have to pay (as was mentioned before). It's really not worth pushing her to do it before she's ready. When she's ready, it will come. Don't worry too much. She's not going to be in diapers when she goes to kindergarten. Kids just have their own timing on these things.

I have an opposite question. What if you have an under 3 year old that IS potty trained? Would they be able to go to the regular kids club on Disney, or are we out of luck?

from speaking with someone at DCL, they said that I can request that my almost 3 year old come to the kids' club by speaking with someone in charge on the first day of our cruise. She said it shouldn't be a problem if she is potty-trained and "close to 3"...

Archived