ROLL CALL: GRANDEUR of the Seas 9/2/05

AdamOfCanaveral

Bob and I just reserved our cabin on the Grandeur of the Seas sailing out of Baltimore to the western Caribbean on Friday, September 2nd. We had a wonderful cruise on this ship last July and are looking forward to enjoying this long, 9-night, cruise to Cozumel and back.

Just checking for family who might be joining us.

Adam

----------------

Mariner of the Seas - 4/17/05

Grandeur of the Seas - 7/18/04

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fury 1995 - We were booked on the September 11th sailing, but then we saw an ad for the 9-night cruise on the 2nd for just a little more money and decided to take the longer cruise. Plus, we've never been to Mexico and we have been to Bermuda.

Incidentally, we lived in Sterling back in the 80s.

We'll do our best to leave the Grandeur as grand as ever for you.

What a shame, would have liked to have more family on the same cruise. We have not been to Bermuda yet and it was recommended by our neighbors (who sailed with us last September on Adventure of the Seas). This time, I'm going with my partner and my former partner is going with his partner.

What a shame, would have liked to have more family on the same cruise. We have not been to Bermuda yet and it was recommended by our neighbors (who sailed with us last September on Adventure of the Seas). This time, I'm going with my partner and my former partner is going with his partner.

I'm sorry too. It would have been fun to hook up with you guys.

It sounds like you and your ex had an amicable break-up. It's nice when it can work out that way.

I know you'll enjoy the Grandeur and Bermuda.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm Brian from Alex., VA (GBM, 43, single). I may book this cruise if I can get one of my friends to come along, or find a nonsmoker to share a cabin.

Hi Brian. Hope you are able to join us. It's beginning to look like we will have a nice group of "family" aboard - and can always use one (or two) more.

Bob and I are counting down the days and really looking forward to a great cruise. Hope you'll be part of it.

It's always nice to meet up with another DC area cruiser.

adamkreps@comcast.net

Hi Adam,

I'm officially signed on for this cruise. I'll be in cabin 2576, and it looks like a friend will be joining me. Perhaps we "family" can ask to be seated at dinner together. I'll be at the late seating. Look forward to meeting you and your partner.

Brian

Brian, Welcome aboard! The more the merrier. We too are scheduled for late dinner seating. Dan and Peter from Philadelphia are booked too and arranged for us to sit together at dinner. Their travel agent, Philip, made the arrangements. I will send an email to Dan and ask that he try to include you and your friend in our group. Will keep you posted. Please send us an email with your email address and phone if you like. It will make communication a little easier and probably faster. My email address is Adamkreps@comcast.net.

We will look to hear from you and will let you know what we hear from Dan. Until then, take care.

• 2 weeks later...
Take good care of Grandeur because we're booked on the Nov. 2006 sailing from Baltimore to New Orleans.

Dan and Ken

Hi Dan and Ken -

The Grandeur will be in good hands during our cruise. We've got at least 5 gay guys from the DC area on the cruise.

Would love to be able to afford the time and money to join you on the repositioning cruise in November.

How is everyone doing? Peter and I are looking forward to meeting everyone in person. We are still busy as ever with our jobs, so we'll be ready for the R and R.

I am still seeing offers for this sailing all over the Internet, and Phil C. our agent tells me he can still get the super low price. Though we would have picked up even more FAMILY foir this one.

Dan and Peter

How is everyone doing? Peter and I are looking forward to meeting everyone in person. We are still busy as ever with our jobs, so we'll be ready for the R and R.

I am still seeing offers for this sailing all over the Internet, and Phil C. our agent tells me he can still get the super low price. Though we would have picked up even more FAMILY for this one.

Dan and Peter

Wow. I just noticed that we are down to 49 days till we sail. Definitely need to get serious about that diet. :)

Glad to hear that all is well in Philadelphia Dan and Peter.

All these hurricanes in the Caribbean are starting to concern me. Sure hope the weather settles down for early September.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Hi Folks,

Looks like you 55 and over cruisers can get onboard this cruise for $599/person in an Inside cabin! We younger cruisers still get a decent deal at $699/person (Inside). This deal keeps getting better and better, especially with the nice group that we already have. SOOO...Come and join us!

Scott - Is that why Bob and I got the almost $200 credit? (Still haven't heard back from my Travel Agent. She may be off on a cruise.)

Didn't realize we're old enough for the extra benefit. I'd happily give up the $200 to feel 35 again. :)

Archived