Dining Reservations Eurodam

StevieEd

I will be taking my first cruise in about three weeks on the Eurodam. I will be part of a party of ten that has "open seating" as our dining choice. Since I live close and will be the first to board, I have been asked to make reservations for dinner. My questions are::confused:

Can I reserve a 10 top (preferably round) in the MDR and specialty restaurants? The TA was not sure about a round table for ten.

Can I reserve for all nights in one location or do I have to go to each location to reserve?

I was think about a reservation time for about 6:30 pm - Is there any problems with that time (too crowded etc.)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For the main dining room, you can make reservations for a table for 10, however I believe no reservations are allowed between 6:15, or 6:30 and about 7:30- the busiest hours. Unless you are in a Suite, you can only make reservations for 1 night (within the parameters above). If you are in a Suite, you can work a deal with the Neptune Concierge to get reservations for longer periods of time.

For the fee specialty resturants, you can make reservations before you even board, via HAL's site. For Canaletto, which is free, you have to be on board to make reservations. I am not sure Canalleto has tables for 10.

The 10 tops are usually round. Can't think of any rectangular ones.

There are a handful of tables for 10 on both levels. Since you have a large number of people in your party, there is a good chance that they will accept reservations for several evenings. It is much easier for the Staff to seat you at a reserved table--not sure about times but you can work that out once you see an Asst. DR Supervisor. I would take care of this immediately upon boarding.

My experience is that what is an iron clad rule on one ship is easily overlooked on another.

According to plan, there are 8 ten top tables in the lower dining room. In the Aft area there are Tables #163e #180e and in the center section there are Tables #310r #205e 220e #199r #218e #197e. The lettters e and r are my own doing which indicate either a round or elliptical table The Tamarind is a rather intimate and quiet restaurant and I have not seen large tables in there.

I do think the Pinnacle Grill mgr. would help with your request. Enjoy all three.

We are a group of 9 taking the Eurodam on December 31st. We also have anytime dining, but have chosen to make reservations 2 nights each in Pinnacle and Tamarind.

When you book these online, the maximum group size is 6. I called ship's services, and the rep sent me dining request forms for the 2 restaurants for larger groups. I completed and sent in 4 forms, and I was contacted directly by the event coordinator on the Eurodam. Within a couple of weeks, she was able to confirm large tables for our group for all 4 nights.

Hope that helps. If you want additional information - ie the forms or the contact on the ship, I'd be happy to help. Just let me know.

Archived