3 night minimum cruise to become Crown and Anchor Member

fruitygirl

Is it true? I have just completed a 2 night Radiance of the Seas cruise and am booked in to a 5 night Legend of the Seas cruise in December and then another 3 night Rhapsody of the Seas cruise in February 2012. I have also cruised on a 12 night Mediterranean Celebrity Equinox cruise in June this year (which I thought was factored into the number of cruises given the alliance of the two) and I have been told that in fact, it won't be until my next cruise in December that I can 'qualify' to enrol in the Anchor and Crown Club ... I must have missed something in the fine print because nowhere on the RCI website can I find that the minimum cruise time is 3 night cruises and because I have only completed a 2 night one - it doesn't count!!!! Where is the honesty in the reward system? Surely this is false advertising? Is it in fact legal to advertise that after the first cruise one is eligible to join without mentioning that in fact it is after the first cruise as long as it is over 3 nights duration? Anyone else shed some light on this? It would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Is it true? I have just completed a 2 night Radiance of the Seas cruise and am booked in to a 5 night Legend of the Seas cruise in December and then another 3 night Rhapsody of the Seas cruise in February 2012. I have also cruised on a 12 night Mediterranean Celebrity Equinox cruise in June this year (which I thought was factored into the number of cruises given the alliance of the two) and I have been told that in fact, it won't be until my next cruise in December that I can 'qualify' to enrol in the Anchor and Crown Club ... I must have missed something in the fine print because nowhere on the RCI website can I find that the minimum cruise time is 3 night cruises and because I have only completed a 2 night one - it doesn't count!!!! Where is the honesty in the reward system? Surely this is false advertising? Is it in fact legal to advertise that after the first cruise one is eligible to join without mentioning that in fact it is after the first cruise as long as it is over 3 nights duration? Anyone else shed some light on this? It would be much appreciated. Cheers.

The first level is Gold which starts at 3 points. 1 night equals 1 point. So 3 points is the minimum.

The C&A Member page clearly shows eligibility for Gold membership as 3 points. You took a two night (two point) cruise, which leaves you one point shy of the minimum requirement, so you won't qualify until after your December cruise - but you can enroll during that cruise.

Sorry you were misled. Despite any prior advertising or written rules Royal Caribbean retains the right to change it's loyalty program rules at any time for any reason. Like most Corporations, they hold all the cards and the paying customer is just along for the ride (pun intended). I hope you have a blast on your cruises!!!

Archived