Patriots Game on Oasis

kosmo886

hi there--I'm on Oasis of the Seas departing this Saturday and trying to find out if we'll be able to watch the Patriots game this Sunday. Anyone else recently on Oasis or another ship where they were playing the game or able to accomodate showing the game if requested? I wasn't sure if they pick the games at random to show based on match up or if they only have the ability to show certain games on certain channels.

Hey fellow Pats fan! We were just at the KC game Monday:D We've followed our Pats many times on cruises...but here's the situation as we've learned over the years.

This is a hit or miss when the game is at 1 or 4:15 ( as the game with Philly is this week). It just depends on what the satellite feed is to the ship as to which game gets broadcast. Usually there is a decent chance if its a good matchup that has national appeal ( so far so good!) But if there is a better one on the schedule at the same time or one with regional appeal to where the feed comes from ( and theres no way to know where it comes from!) then theres little chance youll see it. There is a much better chance to see one of the prime time games. Those are almost always on.

We've had years we've had to just watch whatever game was on and watch the ticker at the bottom. Sadly, most times you often won't even get the halftime show with highlights...the tv goes to soccer:(

Enjoy your cruise...keep,it warm for us, we are on Dec 3... no hope of seeing that Indy/ NE game at 1 I fear!:rolleyes:

Last week on voyager, Saints & Falcons game was not shown. That was the first sailing out of NOLA for the voyager and there were some pretty upset people. A die hard fan was sitting in the sports bar on deck 5 on his cell phone with someone at home the entire game, giving us a play by play. Half the promenade was full with people listening, RCI had security out because of the amount of people. I talked to the hotel director who is a saints fan about why it was not shown, and he said the satelite could not get it. Sunday & Monday night games are usually shown.

Archived