Sapphire international cafe open already?

srphnx

The Princess website says 24 hours for international cafe on Sapphire, last time we were aboard that was the future cruise desk is it already open pre-dry dock? It also says nominal charge for some items, any info on that?

Oh, also, it doesn't list sterling any longer any idea if that is gone?

Thanks

The Princess website says 24 hours for international cafe on Sapphire, last time we were aboard that was the future cruise desk is it already open pre-dry dock? It also says nominal charge for some items, any info on that?

Thanks

The Intl cafe was not there in October and the Sterling was open. The Sapphire goes into drydock in January and those changes will be made.

Thanks

I'm quite certain that the IC has not been added to the Sapphire & that it will be done during January's drydock. The 'nominal charge' may be for coffee drinks because the older ships don't have enough space to add the gelato area to the IC which costs extra. The Sterling Steakhouse is being replaced by a Crown Grill which will be adjacent to the Vivaldi AD restaurant on deck 5 in the Piazza. They'll also have an Alfredo's Pizzaria where the CC host had their desk & Vines where the future cruise sales office was located.

If you check the deck plan in the 2012/2013 Atlas, it shows the post-drydock Sapphire Princess. :) If you don't have the Atlas, you can download it as a brochure on the Princess website.

Astroflyer, it was your link provided in the Horizon court thread that caused me to ask about the IC. It clearly states that it is open 24 hours and does not mention the sterling.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/sapphire.html

I am sure there is some misinformation during the dry dock transition and I was just trying to get recent Sapphire cruisers to tell me what was actually going on since the Princess data was early/wrong or incomplete.

I am aware of all the changes coming in dry dock but as this list included IC but didn't include the Crown Grille I thought perhaps there was a partial change like they did with the Sanctuary and Skywalkers sports area.

I'm quite certain that the IC has not been added to the Sapphire & that it will be done during January's drydock. The 'nominal charge' may be for coffee drinks because the older ships don't have enough space to add the gelato area to the IC which costs extra. The Sterling Steakhouse is being replaced by a Crown Grill which will be adjacent to the Vivaldi AD restaurant on deck 5 in the Piazza. They'll also have an Alfredo's Pizzaria where the CC host had their desk & Vines where the future cruise sales office was located.

If you check the deck plan in the 2012/2013 Atlas, it shows the post-drydock Sapphire Princess. :) If you don't have the Atlas, you can download it as a brochure on the Princess website.

Princess jumped the gun on the dinning info for the Sapphire but should be correct for when she comes out of drydock in February. The same for the deckplans. It would have been nice to have an IC on our recent cruise on her. They have added the new Sports Court and the Sanctuary before drydock last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astroflyer, it was your link provided in the Horizon court thread that caused me to ask about the IC. It clearly states that it is open 24 hours and does not mention the sterling.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/sapphire.html

I am sure there is some misinformation during the dry dock transition and I was just trying to get recent Sapphire cruisers to tell me what was actually going on since the Princess data was early/wrong or incomplete.

I am aware of all the changes coming in dry dock but as this list included IC but didn't include the Crown Grille I thought perhaps there was a partial change like they did with the Sanctuary and Skywalkers sports area.

I didn't know if you were aware of those changes...it was intended to be helpful...certainly not to imply anything else. :rolleyes:

Archived