...and I was proud of OUR aft wrap !

Ykgorbie

We were thrilled with our aft-wrap on the Spirit, but were quite impressed when this ship backed up to ours. We only saw an older couple on the deck of that huge room. How nice to have a bay window in your suite! The deck for that suite was 1/2 of the ship width and was right above the dining room. If you look closely, you will see the couple standing next to the rail. We joked about it at the time thinking that the older couple was looking at our aft-wrap thinking how awful it would be for us to have such a small deck. :~) Here is our photo-I think it is the same room as the OP mentioned-it is just a different angle.

172.jpg.8835c77bed1f6082ac9d2e231a8695c3.jpg

The BEST cabin we ever had (so far) was an aft (not wrap...just aft) on Celebrity Infinity.

It was a consierge class cabin (not a suite). The balcony was so huge....It was our first aft.

I thought ALL afts on ALL ships were like this one.

Boy was I disappointed when I booked my first aft on CCL after that. :eek:

The aft on the X Infinity was 20 feet deep.

IT was amazing.

I still don't know if I could do it. Even if you had 100 million, wouldn't you still feel guilty buying a $750,000 car? I couldn't do it. Probably easier if you were born with it

Cars aren't improtant to me, so that's a bad example...I would have a HUGE freaking house (and lots of help cleaning it :))Do they even make $750,000 cars?? :eek:

DANG!

If I had 100 mil, I wouldn't be cruising. I'd have my own yacht :D

There are some CC members I'd invite for a cruise :D

I still don't know if I could do it. Even if you had 100 million, wouldn't you still feel guilty buying a $750,000 car? I couldn't do it. Probably easier if you were born with it:)

No I would buy something like the camry I drive now.

However would probably be too much trouble to go for gas so would probably trade it in at that point.

After all what good is a car without gas? icon7.gif

From abbott and Costello from many years ago.

My parents friends went on an NCL cruise this summer, not exactly sure what room they had but my father said they had their OWN hottub on their balcony:rolleyes:. Can't imagine blowing that much $ on a room....

It's one of those things. If you have to ask "How Much", then you probably cant afford it.

Right? How about the babygrand piano, what the heck are you supposed to do with that? Do they send someone to play if for you?:confused:;):)

No, you book the cabin and you play that baby grand yourself! We're all musicians so it was wonderful to have it. And, I'm sure some guests do hire one of the ship's musicians to play if they host a party. There's a butler's pantry and entrance as well so it's well suited for entertaining.

My DH and I and our two DS' 9 and 14 were in PH 6147 on the Summit this past August to Bermuda for my 50th and we are ruined forever! We loved the service, loved the ship and someday, we'll do it again.

This year, it's all about the boys (and spending less!) so we've booked two adjoining aft-cabins on the Miracle out of NYC and I'm sure we'll have a swell time, but ah, that Summit PH was the life...ruined, I tell you, ruined.

After looking at those pictures, I am thinking WHY on earth was clothes lying around, messy counters, etc. Would think for $5,000 pp the "butler" could keep things picked up and put away. LOL Beautiful, but I'll stick with the cabins I can easily afford and bet will enjoy my cruise just as much.

After looking at those pictures, I am thinking WHY on earth was clothes lying around, messy counters, etc. Would think for $5,000 pp the "butler" could keep things picked up and put away. LOL Beautiful, but I'll stick with the cabins I can easily afford and bet will enjoy my cruise just as much.

I was thinking the same thing, but then again they said they had two children with them.

Just cant get good help today.icon7.gif

Just goes to show .... they're slobs just like the rest of us. ;)

Re Baby Grand

We had a baby grand in our suite. It plays itself. BUT every time we played it, we would get complaints from one of the cabins under us.. was a pain in the neck.

Other features included a round bed with naughty mirrored ceiling ;)

The balcony however wasnt that impressive for a penthouse.. sure it had a hot tub, but the size of the balcony we thought was a bit of a let down compared to the suite itself.

It was nice to do it, but would never book a penthouse again..

royalpenthousesuite.jpg

rs4.jpg

roundbed.jpg

mirroredceilingroundbed.jpg

rs8.jpg

The BEST cabin we ever had (so far) was an aft (not wrap...just aft) on Celebrity Infinity.

It was a consierge class cabin (not a suite). The balcony was so huge....It was our first aft.

I thought ALL afts on ALL ships were like this one.

Boy was I disappointed when I booked my first aft on CCL after that. :eek:

The aft on the X Infinity was 20 feet deep.

IT was amazing.

Cars aren't improtant to me, so that's a bad example...I would have a HUGE freaking house (and lots of help cleaning it :))Do they even make $750,000 cars?? :eek:

DANG!

If I had 100 mil, I wouldn't be cruising. I'd have my own yacht :D

There are some CC members I'd invite for a cruise :D

At that point, I'd feel sorry for anyone on your ignore list:)

I found a set of pictures from inside of the aft penthouse 6148

Celebrity Summit Penthouse Suite 6148

132359580_6DX45-S.jpg

We had 8185!! (That cruise was in 2006 and I still recall the cabin number, that's how awesome that cabin was...and the steward as well. (Anil)

Unfortunately, the cabin was the best part of our cruise which is why we only sailed X once :eek:)

At that point, I'd feel sorry for anyone on your ignore list

LOL...The list is huge, but more than 1/2 on it have been eventually banned over the years.

I was thinking the same thing, but then again they said they had two children with them.

The family who posted pictures of 6148 online was a couple with their teenage daughter. When planning, I was worried about containing my two boy's messiness and wondering how to have privacy and romance with them along; even considered booking another cabin for them during one brief bout of insanity!

No need, it's an amazing space--and the butler, Jonathan, brought in a rollaway every night for our youngest and the oldest came crawling in the wee hours. Each of us had our own closet and the boys had their own bathroom. Of course the boys were hardly ever in the suite--they had their friends and activities around the ship and my DH and I had the most amazing vacation and they did too.

Archived