How does your toddler spend a sea day?

MyTempered

Will be cruising in June on the Freedom and am so excited as it will be our first cruise! It will be myself, my husband, my 12 year old, almost 2 year old, and my mom.

Since the almost-2 year old can't use the pools and can't go to Camp Carnival, I want to make sure we have some fun things for her to do. What does your toddler love to do on the sea days? Any recommendations on good toys/items to bring for entertaining her?

Thanks!

Christi

I would take my son to the kids area during the designated toddler times, arcade (he would jump up and down on the dance machine), some of the family scavenger hunts, some cruise ships have family karoake (sp?), etc. etc. We always found things to do and often did not have enough time to do everything. Last time he was truly a toddler, we only made it to the toddler time once (that was a RC ship) because we were so busy with other stuff :)

Are you going to be traveling on RCI Freedom of the Seas or Carnival's Freedom. If you are going on RCI there is a small splash area for those who are not potty trained.

If sailing on a ship that does not have this you can buy one of those small inflatable duck tubs and put it between two lounge chairs and let your little one splash around on the deck.

We plan on spending time walking around the ship, playing in the blow up pool, and taking DS to the kids club for playtime (We are sailing Princess and they allow those under 3 to play in the kids club as long as a parent is with them the whole time).

I believe that both RCI and Carnival have some play options for those under the kid's club age.

Archived