paperwork? confirmations?

kitty allen

We set sail in about 2 weeks. Is there any paperwork, confirmations, double-checking I should be doing? Does the cruise line or travel agent send you dining/cabin/excursion/bev package confirmations? We've never done this before. Help! I don't want to miss anything.

We are on the 31st Dec sailing of Eclipse, I have received printed confirmation from Celebrity via my TA of our cabin assignment, final payment, gratuities and purchase of our beverage package. I think you should be able to see all your packages and payment status on "My Celebrity" bookings page.

Hopefully by now you've completed the online check-in process on Celebrity's web site. If not then I think you need to do this ASAP. At the end that process you should have been able to print an 'xpress pass". This is the document that is the best to take with you for check-in at the pier. You will need some sort of evidence you are booked on the cruise in order to clear port security and enter the cruise terminal and the xpress pass is ideal for that. Other documents, such as a copy of your cruise documents or a booking confirmation from your travel agent, may suffice as well but the xpress pass is the preferred document they'll look for and if you have it in hand it will also speed up you registration at the cruise terminal as well.

If you purchase any excursions, beverage packages, prepaid specialty restaurant bookings or similar items then you should have received confirming emails. I usually bring copies of these as well as confirms for all other travel arraignments but frankly seldom have had a need for anything other than the xpress pass and an airline confirm that has our flight booking information on it. But having these in hand gives me comfort that if a problem arises that I'll be able to show someone my confirmation as proof that I had the related travel arraignment.

...Also, I know we have early seating, but how/when do I request table size?

If you've booked through a travel agent this is done through them. If you've booked direct through Celebrity then I believe this can be done on your online reservation summary, depending on how you've made the reservation, and if not then you can call their customer service to make the request.

Archived