Inoculations

Do you need any Inoculations for Carribean? :confused:

I would say not , if you intend to eat and drink from your ship only .

Having said that I / we on here do not know your medical history.I would call in at your doctors

surgery, they have your medical history and can give you better medical advice than us .:)

Do you need any Inoculations for Carribean? :confused:

Here is a thread from some time ago:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=897461&highlight=vaccinations

Bella is a Dr so her advice has some authority - but it's always as well to go to your medical practice and ask - the practice nurse at ours looked up information based on our destinations and then advised us accordingly. We were careful after reading Bella's advice on eating/drinking on shore.

And this is another more recent thread where other posters have discussed the issue plus some more links to various websites. It all ends up being down to your feelings about having them v the risks involved.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351273&highlight=vaccinations

Hopes that helps - though I must say we found it hard to decide what was the best course of action; all, some or none??? :confused:

It's always a good idea when travelling abroad (even to Europe) to make sure that you are up to date with Tetanus (which now comes as a triple vaccine with polio & diptheria). Years ago, we were also recommended to take Typhoid & Hepatitis A jabs for going to Turkey & we keep these up to date too, as they are recommended for long haul holiday destinations. It's not just eating & drinking that can be a source of disease but swimming in rivers, lakes etc.

Archived