Flight check in whilst onboard?

chrob

On an S-class you can go to the iLounge, use their computers and printer. If you already bought a package of Internet minutes, you just log in with your account as usual. If not, you could pay by the minute for the access. It does get busy the last afternoon and evening as many do this.

Do Celebrity do flight check in on the last day. I think RCCL provided this service (at a cost) on a couple of their cruises.

Depending on where you are getting off the ship, a luggage service is available for $20 per person. They pick your baggage outside your door that last night and take it to the airport. They check it through to your final destination. What a convenience. As part of that service, we were given our boarding passes. But, as the other person answering alluded, go to the internet cafe, buy some minutes, log into your airline, and print your pass. Very convenient.

Have fun!:D

Unfortunately the $20 luggage service is available to request but I was warned on a recent cruise that often the luggage transport company will cancel service for a ship which has too few passengers signing up for it. Well, that is exactly what happened to us...we filled out paperwork on Tuesday and Thursday night ahead of Sat disembarkation in Miami we were told that too few people from our ship (Eclipse) had applied, so it was not available.

My memory of it is a bit different than what is being described -- we have done the luggage valet at various ports but we had to claim the suitcases, walk them through the Customs line, and then immediately turned them over to the airline personnel who would transport them to the airport and onto the planes. I have seen it described differently -- that you put your suitcases out the night before you disembark and don't see them again until your destination but we have never had it work that way.

I am curious as to how the luggage clears customs without you in this service ??

bryan

Not sure exactly how it works through Customs, but we used it on a Celebrity Millennium cruise in September 2010. We paid the fee ($25 for the 1st person, $20 for the 2nd person), put our bags outside the door on the last evening with the issued airline tags that Guest Relations provided, and collected them at the end of our flight from San Diego to Charlotte.

On your Celebrity wine cruise in 2010, was this cruise the repositioning from Alaska to San Diego, and had you not already entered the US at an earlier port? In that case, you would not be clearing Customs again at San Diego and they could take your luggage straight to the airport.

Archived