So I'm Platinum on Carnival, Princess benefits?

sewut

We're Platinum on Carnival, and I'm wanting to book a Princess cruise. What benefits will I have since Princess is owned by Carnival?

Sewut

The only benefit you will get as a past Carnival cruiser is their VIP (Vacation Interchange Privilege) rate. It's similar to the past-guest rate. That's about it.....

We're Platinum on Carnival, and I'm wanting to book a Princess cruise. What benefits will I have since Princess is owned by Carnival?

As far as I know, the only major cruise lines, owned by the same parent company, giving reciprocal benefits are Celebrity and RCI.

We were strictly Pprincess Cruisers only, and swichd to Carnival fairly recently, Princess has gone way down hill. Unfortunately you will not receive anything for being platinum with Carnival on a Princess cruise and vice versa. :(

That's bad news. We sailed on Crown Princess a year ago and everything seemed as great as always. We didn't notice anything that had changed, except, like every line we've sailed on recently, the money they spend on food. That seems to be universal. We still got our minibar set up, free internet and laundry and afternoon tea in the cabin on formal days. What has gone downhill on Princess? I hate to see it happen.

That's bad news. We sailed on Crown Princess a year ago and everything seemed as great as always. We didn't notice anything that had changed, except, like every line we've sailed on recently, the money they spend on food. That seems to be universal. We still got our minibar set up, free internet and laundry and afternoon tea in the cabin on formal days. What has gone downhill on Princess? I hate to see it happen.

Well of course its all a matter of taste, and what matters to one person doesn't bother another but the things we've noticed was service in general, the employees seem downright angry sometimes :( a lot of times I feel like I'm putting them out, especially if I don't tip extra when drinks come etc. so I always do, but then I feel a little put out by spending the extra $$. I feel like its expected!

The next topic would be activities, everyone likes something different, but we did the 14 Hawaii at the beginning of this year, activities that were geared towards Hawaii, were few and far between. They said to be at the desk at 8am to sign up for lei making, we got there at 7:40 and the guy there, who was really rude :cool:, told us sorry, they were all out of tickets and only had 20 seats available, and that we should have been there early. Okay, first, the Patters said to be there at 8, not 7, and 20 seats available for over two thousand people onboard? Really?! :eek: They did another class 2 days later with the same instructions to show up at 8am but we were so discouraged we decidd not to try again.

A BIG problem Princess has, is Lee Childers, he is by far the worst CD ever! Of course that's only IMHO, but dear lord! That's the second time we had that man and he is just ridiculous! Bad, bad, bad! He doesn't schedule anything in the way of entertainment or activities and is so incredibly stuck on himself, he's too busy complimenting himself to say hello to passengers when walking through the ship, its a rarity to ever see him.

The coffee cards rules have changed and they are now charging 1 punch for regular black coffee, if their regular coffee in the Horizon Court wasn't so awful, we wouldn't have to purchase the darn card in the first place! Just another way of nickel and diming. I know all lines have cut back, and its just simply unavoidable, in a market like this you just can't blame them, however I feel the pinch far more on Princess than on Carnival. Sorry for being so long winded, we will sail Princess again of course, because we like their 10 day rt SF Alaska itinerary, but we will avoid them otherwise. You get a much better bang for your buck on Carnival I believe.

We had a wonderful suite on the Sapphire in Hawaii, and thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon tea every day, the canapes in the evening, and LOVED enjoying a full room service menu each evening on the balcony while whale watching, Princess definitely is above the rest in their suite ammenities!

Archived