My Family Time dining on RCCL - what to wear?

mmcruise

For the first time ever, we signed up for "My Family Time" dining on RCCL for our upcoming Allure cruise. DS loves Adventure Ocean so we're excited that we won't have to duck out of dinner to take him there.

But here's my question, for anyone who's done it. We like dressing up for dinner - but we wouldn't want him in his nice "dinner clothes" for AO. What to do? Dress him "down" a little for dinner - maybe polo shirts etc.? Duck out to the rest room to change before pickup? Any ideas or tactics are welcome.

AO pickup is at 6:40. There won't be time to go change. If you want to go change prior to him going to AO, the purpose of My Family Time dining, which is avoid running up elevators or stairs, is defeated. If you want to change after dinner, before going to AO, I'd switch to main dining or My Time dining.

I'm still confused. I don't want to send him to AO in nice clothes if we can avoid it. Would love to hear how people have handled.

I think I like the idea of wearing a t-shirt with a nice shirt over it or a polo - that is probably best, though not ideal for formal night.

Good to know that a lot of AO kids are dressed up for My Family Time dining. No 9-year-old boy wants to be the only one in dressy clothes.

He used to willingly, proudly, and happily get dressed for dinner on cruises, jacket and all, and now it's a struggle to even get him in a collared shirt. One of the few things I miss about toddler/preschool days.

We've brought a bag with clothes & had them change in the restroom outside the dining room right before pickup; also have had them wear dressy clothes to AO. Both ways worked okay (I have girls, so they had shorts under dresses).

Archived