TA vs. PVP, any difference?

BluexMoon

I'm just curious. I see alot of people that use a TA that have used PVP in the past. I used a TA on my first two cruises, then started using a PVP because the TA's I tried could not do any better. So, I figured going straight through the cruise line would reduce any possible mistakes.

What are your experiences? Does a TA improve your booking in some way that I just never realized?

Faster responses generally thru pvp.

We had been using pvp but he left end of last year and now using a TA who gives up part of commission as obc.

Does slow things down when you want to get an upgrade so thinking of going back to pvp for next booking.

We use a PVP. DW has developed a good rapport with the two PVPs we've had. When the first one left, she gave our info to the second one. But without that rapport, I think some people's experiences can be spotty, especially if you go to a different PVP each time.

Likewise, my understanding of cruisers and travelers in general who use TAs and have establsihed a good relationship with the TA do get good service. Recommendations from others in your area on TAs is th ebest way to go finding one. Otherwise, you could wind up with a TA that doesn't understand your needs nor knows the cruise line that well.

I have only used a TA for one cruise (upcoming one) and don't plan on making the same mistake again. Horrible communication, I missed two ES price drops because she would not return e-mails or phone calls. Getting answers to simple questions can take a week or longer. Back to my PVP from now on. He literally works 24/7 and always returns my phone call and e-mail within minutes. He keeps up on price changes for cruises that I have booked and usually contacts me before I find them. Special unadvertised deals are always coming up and he lets me know about them. Too bad we cannot name names around here.

I have only used a TA for one cruise (upcoming one) and don't plan on making the same mistake again. Horrible communication, I missed two ES price drops because she would not return e-mails or phone calls. Getting answers to simple questions can take a week or longer. Back to my PVP from now on. He literally works 24/7 and always returns my phone call and e-mail within minutes. He keeps up on price changes for cruises that I have booked and usually contacts me before I find them. Special unadvertised deals are always coming up and he lets me know about them. Too bad we cannot name names around here.

I would love to have that kind of PVP. :D

We have used the same one for about a year now, but he doesn't do anything but book our cruises.....no updates......no price changes....nadda.

We find the cruise we want & he books it, no more, no less.

I would love to have that kind of PVP. :D

We have used the same one for about a year now, but he doesn't do anything but book our cruises.....no updates......no price changes....nadda.

We find the cruise we want & he books it, no more, no less.

I have worked with him for almost 4 years now, my only fear is that he will get promoted and no longer be able to help me book my cruises. That is what happened to my first PVP she is now a supervisor. She passed me on to my current PVP.

Archived