Reading Tides??!!

OnlyMe

Does anyone know how to read tide information??

We will be in ketchikan on September 22nd between 1pm and 8pm and are considering the Rainforest. We have been told that there is a CHANCE of seeing bears if there is low tide.

The link below gives the September tides in Ketchikan but I am having a little trouble reading it - Is it low tide between the hours of 9.55am and 4.00pm????:confused:

Thanks in advance.

www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/References/Tides/ketchtides.html

From your table for 9/22

09/22/2005 Thu 04:12AM LDT 14.3 H 09:55AM LDT 2.3 L 04:11PM LDT 16.0 H 10:42PM LDT -0.2 L

After high tide at 4:12 am, the tide will start going out and will be at its lowest tide for the day at 9:55am. Then it will start coming back in and will be high again at 4:11 pm. It will start out again and be lowest at 10:42pm.

If you're there from 1p-8p sounds like to me it will be rather high water the whole time. :(

Does anyone know how to read tide information??

We will be in ketchikan on September 22nd between 1pm and 8pm and are considering the Rainforest. We have been told that there is a CHANCE of seeing bears if there is low tide.

The link below gives the September tides in Ketchikan but I am having a little trouble reading it - Is it low tide between the hours of 9.55am and 4.00pm????:confused:

Thanks in advance.

www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/References/Tides/ketchtides.html

Your low tide is 9:55am, 2.3 feet , high tide 4:11pm 16 feet if this is in reference to Hering Cove, best viewing is also at dusk AND low tide.

Archived