Porters and Luggage tags questions

cruizn2escape

Okay, so I know if I don't get a cabin assignment before the cruise, I need to find a porter at the pier to have them look it up. We have cruised several times and I have never seen someone with a master list, in fact I have been told the people who take your luggage don't work for the cruise line...so, how do I find someone who would have a list and luggage tags?

I don't think you need a cabin assignment to print out luggage tags. You have to go to HAL's sight and register and check in, then you can print your tags. That's what I did and I don't have my cabin assigned yet.

That's true but I think the point is, if I understand the question, turning your luggage over to the porters with the specific cabin information. That's a good question for which I personally I don't have a ready answer. Since we don't book guarantees and have never had our cabin changed at the terminal we've always known and had our cabin number on our tags and tags on our luggage before we get to the terminal. There might be a person or people with a master list outside at the luggage drop but I've never had reason to look for one. There's usually an agent just inside the terminal doors and I think they have a master list so maybe somebody could duck inside and get the information. I'm sure somebody here knows.:)

Ok....now I'm questioning my luggage tag situation. We have an SC guarantee, and I'm assuming we will be assigned our cabin around a week or two before sailing. Do I re print my tags which will have cabin location printed on them, or do I write it on once I know my assignment?

Okay, so I know if I don't get a cabin assignment before the cruise, I need to find a porter at the pier to have them look it up. We have cruised several times and I have never seen someone with a master list, in fact I have been told the people who take your luggage don't work for the cruise line...so, how do I find someone who would have a list and luggage tags?

You are still a little less than 2 weeks from sailing so there is a very good chance you will receive your cabin assignment within the next week or so.

When you arrive at Pt. Everglades, there are stevedores everywhere and they are easily identified. You will not have to go looking. Once you speak with one of these gentlemen, they will have no problem getting the info. No, they don't usually each walk around with a master list of passengers but they will know who has it and get your info. Just be sure that you have your name on your bags. Print out your luggage tags and attach even if there is no cabin number listed. Once, you get to the pier you can attach another tag with the number on it. The stevedores will have plenty of tags and will even supply you with a marker, if necessary.

In addition, HAL's shoreside staff is usually located right outside the entrance to the terminal, as well as, inside the terminal. They are very helpful and will assist and/or direct you.

This is not a big deal, so don't sweat it. We have done a number of last minute cruises, and shown up with nothing but passports in hand at numerous ports. No problems at all.;)

Ok....now I'm questioning my luggage tag situation. We have an SC guarantee, and I'm assuming we will be assigned our cabin around a week or two before sailing. Do I re print my tags which will have cabin location printed on them, or do I write it on once I know my assignment?

You can do it either way. The most important thing is that you have the name of the ship, sailing date, and your name---printed clearly. Your luggage will catch up with you even if there is no cabin #. Many people come to the pier to check-in only to find they have been assigned a different cabin # and their luggage has already been taken. The crew is used to many last minute changes and reassignments--this is normal for them.

You are worrying unecessarily . When you get to port there is a person who is the "manefest master" ? near the porters or ask the porters where he is.He usually has a table or a stand near the porters .

He will provide you with your cabin number and labels .

Archived