can I use OBC to pay for gratuity

encorehere

Since it shows up as a credit on your shipboard account you can use it in any way you choose to.

We got a 'credit' for dining in a specialty resturant, it showed up as a $50 credit on our account, we had already prebooked Quisine and Tuscan Grill before the cruise so we had the extra $50 to play with:)

Bev

OBC can be used to pay your gratuities, but only with traditional dining or if you switch to anytime dining AFTER you get on the ship. If you want to do anytime dining and confirm it in advance, you'll have to pay the gratuities before you board, and then you can't use OBC.

Switching to anytime dining after boarding can be hit or miss as it often fills up.

We will be doing a 14-night Canada/New England cruise on Celebrity Summit. We will have quite a bit of OBC's. If we should not use them, will they be credited back to our credit card?

Thanks!

GiGiAnn

It depends on the source of the OBC; some are refundable and some not. Generally OBC that comes from Celebrity (i.e. stockholder OBC, OBC for booking a cruise while on board a ship etc. is NOT refundable) whereas OBC coming from someone else's pocket (i.e. out of a TA's commission or a gift that someone purchases for you) IS refundable. Fortunately the nonrefundable OBC is used up first. If you did not prepay your gratuities that will knock out a good chunk of OBC with it being a 14 nighter.

It depends on the source of the OBC; some are refundable and some not. Generally OBC that comes from Celebrity (i.e. stockholder OBC, OBC for booking a cruise while on board a ship etc. is NOT refundable) whereas OBC coming from someone else's pocket (i.e. out of a TA's commission or a gift that someone purchases for you) IS refundable. Fortunately the nonrefundable OBC is used up first. If you did not prepay your gratuities that will knock out a good chunk of OBC with it being a 14 nighter.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. We have the OBC from our TA. Yes, it will come in handy for our gratuities. At least that is something. Probably won't have anything left anyway.

Happy Sailing!

GiGiAnn

Archived