Music on the Grand Princess

lovetocruisenow

Can anyone tell me who is playing on the Grand Princess now -- the bands, the music director, anything?

thanks,

debby

Arny G, a fabulous piano player/vocalist for that venue. We got to know Arny well on the Grand's recent TA repositioning earlier in November, and spent many an evening along with a group of "regulars" having fun, playing name that tune, and the like. Arny's a very personable fellow and will add to your musical enjoyment. I can't say who the other bands in the Wheelhouse and Explorers are at present. The bands that played in those venues on the TA did not fit my bill, so we gravitated to Crooners.

Totally agree about Arny G being the best entertainer on the ship. The music director is Sara (I think her last name is Dawes). She is a fabulous pianist and very nice. I believe that the band Opus is going to be on the Grand for many months still. The other band was Phoenix Rising. I also will say that the drummer with the house band was terrific, but I don't know his name.

Thanks so much for the info. I don't know Opus or Sara but we LOVE Phoenix Rising.

I was on the Grand last week and was quite excited to see that Phoenix Rising was on board. However, I do not think this is the Phoenix Rising everyone remembers. My recollection of them was that they were about a 4-5 piece band and somewhat younger. This band was a 3 piece band and they looked like they card holding members of AARP...I stopped into the Wheelhouse one night and didn't stay long.

Archived