Are you thinking about cruising?

WinnipegCruiser

Do you think about your cruises when you are back home? I don't mean in the two or three weeks after... but for years after?

Here is a picture of the screen saver on my cell phone:

IMG_0527.JPG

Bonus points if you know what port that is.

My ring tone is "Margaritaville".

And of course I am here almost every day....

Anyone else want to confess?

I don't find anything unusual about your behavior at all.

I was "practice" packing the other day and I don't even have a cruise booked right now.

When winter comes I have almost nothing to wear 'cause most of my wardrobe is in my cruise room.

My Ships-on-a-stick are displayed in my front room.

Do you think about your cruises when you are back home? I don't mean in the two or three weeks after... but for years after?

Here is a picture of the screen saver on my cell phone:

IMG_0527.JPG

Bonus points if you know what port that is.

My ring tone is "Margaritaville".

And of course I am here almost every day....

LOL I always think about them too, that's why I keep coming back to CC!!!

The other day my mom, sister and I were in a shop looking at handbags, the doorbell kept ringing and it sounded exactly like the announcement ring on the ship, I was waiting for the announcement that never came :-(

I am fortunate to live in Tampa, and while I've only cruised twice (and the second time was just a couple of weeks ago), I confess we're already planning our next one. We've been hooked.

Even before I ever took a cruise, I loved to go down to Channelside to see the ships.

I think about cruising quite a bit and certain sounds and smells can take me back to the ship. A certain shampoo I used on a cruise, sun screen, and there is sound I hear at work that haven't figured out it's origin but it sounds like the ship's horn!

I am seriously planning my retirement around back to back cruises...

Do you know about Egon? If not look up on Solo Cruisers Forum:

"Never too old......

Yep, that will be me and my wife....

For you curious readers.... here is the Never too old thread

My favourite line:

I began to think of cruise ships as a viable alternative (to assisted living with its amenities)

I'm another one that has cruising on my mind all the time! At the present time I have 6 cruises booked between now and January 2013, but I still look at other ones all the time trying to talk myself into them. I guess there are a lot of us out here with the same passion! Nancy

I think about cruising quite a bit and certain sounds and smells can take me back to the ship. A certain shampoo I used on a cruise, sun screen, and there is sound I hear at work that haven't figured out it's origin but it sounds like the ship's horn!

I am the same way. I bought a perfume right before my last cruise and now everytime I wear it I think of the cruise. Sometimes I go to the tanning bed, turn up the fan, and pretend I'm on the ship lol.:D

I find myself constantly pushing thoughts of cruising out of my mind, so that I can concentrate on other things ( like my job):). I've had a picture of the Carnival Liberty as our computer's wallpaper since April, when we booked our cruise on her for next May (2012). After we get home from work and I switch on the computer, THERE IT IS! The Liberty! I envy those that are able to do a back-to-back cruise. One of these days, I hope we'll get to do that. We also enjoy camping, but doing back-to-back canoe trips just isn't the same thing:rolleyes:

My wallpaper on my phone is of the hubs and I in Nassau with Atlantis behind us.

My ringtone is bang on a drum all day.

I think about our cruises and still talk about them as often as I can. I'll remember something from one of them and then start laughing all of a sudden.

Ahhhh....44 days until I set sail and have another to talk about. :)

Most definitely!! Our first (and only so far) was Feb2008 on the Triumph!

We still talk about it!! Just waiting for some bonus money to come in, and we will be booking another!!!

By the way, what part of Winnipeg are you in? I grew up there, and still have family there, but I live in Calgary now (for the last 16 years)

Happy Cruising!!!

I too think about past and upcoming cruises but never as much as when the weather turns to freezing and there's snow on the ground. Also, whenever I walk out on our balcony for a smoke :p

Archived