few general questions about carnival cruising

murcor

Hi,

We are on our 29 day countdown :D

Just a few general questions about carnival cruising.

What beverages are free with breakfast, lunch & dinner in the main dining rooms?

Also, what is available at the beverage stations throughout the day?

Soooo Excited!!

Hi,

What beverages are free with breakfast, lunch & dinner in the main dining rooms?

Soooo Excited!!

I know tea and lemonade is available and in the MDR you can get coffee and milk. Not sure what else....

Juices are free in the MDR at breakfast time.

Lemonade, water and tea on the lido except during breakfast its Orange, Apple, tea, water and guava passionfruit something or another.

I don't think anything aside from water is free in the MDR during lunch and dinner. I never paid attention as I had the soda card.

I know tea and lemonade is available and in the MDR you can get coffee and milk. Not sure what else....

All day also has hot chocolate. water and coffee. In the MDR you can also get cappuccino and espresso.

Breakfast has some juices on the lido deck and in the MDR.

I've gotta ask..... I'm from North Carolina and I like my tea SWEET.... I mean like this: I make one gallon of tea with 2 cups of sugar...... am I going to be highly disappointed or pleasantly surprised with the tea served on the Carnival ships????

I've gotta ask..... I'm from North Carolina and I like my tea SWEET.... I mean like this: I make one gallon of tea with 2 cups of sugar...... am I going to be highly disappointed or pleasantly surprised with the tea served on the Carnival ships????

Disappointed........no sweet tea.......

I'm from Georgia so I feel your pain......LOL

No sweet tea but I am just like you! I just order the regular tea and sweeten it myself!

I'm originally from GA, too, and grew up drinking sweet tea. (Now I make green tea and let it steep for 24 hours then add 1/4 cup Splenda, so I've gotten used to semi-sweet tea.)

We just returned from Ecstasy yesterday and I fixed my tea with 3/4 tea and 1/4 lemonade and it worked for me. Since you like yours sweeter, you may find you will need to add sugar.

As has been said already, there is OJ, apple, and a mix of oj/guava/passion fruit that is very sweet and thick. Juice is available until approx 10:30 AM in the buffet, but I found OJ to be available until almost noon in the smaller poolside buffet. I took special notice since I had vodka to add to it as the day progressed.

If you are on a larger ship with a refrigerator in your cabin you could store some for later in a water bottle, but we were on a Fantasy class ship and there were no refrigerators. In fact, I had a heck of a time getting ice and had to have a word with the room steward to get enough ice in a bar bucket to chill my wine. After that, the ice started flowing freely and the larger bucket was refilled twice a day.

If by chance you are travelling with young children like I did in January who are milk drinkers you won't have trouble getting milk either. At dinner, after ther first night in the MDR, our waiter was sure to get the little cartons of milk from the kitchen for our and had it waiting for us when we got there.

At lunch in the buffet, I usually just would grab one of the staff and ask if it was possible to get some milk and every time they were more than happy to get it for me - STAFF WERE AWESOME!

I pretty much new that the tea probably wouldn't be to my liking :(

that said, is it worth getting a soda card for the cruise? There is no way adding sugar to iced tea works..... never has never will, so I will have to choose something else!

I think I can live without tea for 4 days, but unless I want to be a cruise alcoholic, I need something to drink for the duration....lol.... plus, I cannot drink alcohol for breakfast *yuck*

Hi,

Soooo Excited!!

In addition to all the other drinks mentioned, lemonade can be available in the mdr if you ask for it. After our first night, our waiter had it waiting for us. If you have trouble getting this, you can always go to lido before dinner and bring it with you to the mdr. We had 16oz travel mugs with us and brought them to dinner with lemonade (and the vodka we had smuggled. . .hehehe)

that said, is it worth getting a soda card for the cruise? There is no way adding sugar to iced tea works..... never has never will, so I will have to choose something else!

I think I can live without tea for 4 days, but unless I want to be a cruise alcoholic, I need something to drink for the duration....lol.... plus, I cannot drink alcohol for breakfast *yuck*

Sugar doesn't seem to fully dissolve in iced tea.

You could brew your own hot tea with sweetener then pour it over a full glass of ice. When I do this in the office I steep 2 tea bags for an extra strong brew. It dilutes when it hits the ice.

Carnival has the blue, yellow, pink, white and brown sweeteners.

You can carry on your own soda. Up to a 12 pack per person.

We took on a 12 pack of soda each, and 24 cans was more than enough to last me 5 nights. No soda card required. Get a bucket like beer comes in from the bar and have your room steward keep it filled to chill the sodas (unless you have a fridge).

I always ordered a glass of milk with my Warm Chocolate Melting Cake at dinner in the MDR each night. No extra charge.

About the OJ....

In the MDR at breakfast, the OJ in there is far superior to that found on the Lido. Before we would leave breakfast, wife, and I would order 2 large glasses of OJ, and take it to our room. There we would pour it into a brought aboard empty water bottle, and store that in the fridge. (Use the OJ for a mixer later that day)

Oliver

I also love my tea sweet and had no problem adding 1 splenda and it was great!!!

If you're a southerner (I grew up in Charleston, SC), you have to ignore the sign that says its tea because it is a completly different beverage than the one you know. Just add some Splenda and lemonade to it, consider it to be something new, and you may find it is drinkable.

Sugar doesn't seem to fully dissolve in iced tea.

If you buy/bring Redpath instant dissolving sugar in a re-sealable package, that would work. This sugar is for making lemonade, kool aide, putting on top of fruit, etc It is fine powderd and dissolves fast. Bring some in a baggie.

If you buy/bring Redpath instant dissolving sugar in a re-sealable package, that would work. This sugar is for making lemonade, kool aide, putting on top of fruit, etc It is fine powderd and dissolves fast. Bring some in a baggie.

Will have to look for that. Unsweet=undrinkable. We hit the coffee hard and heavy. Chose not to carry on the soda and deal with the extra weight. The coffee took care of our need for caffine and then we switched to ice water.

Archived