San Juan Excursion Suggestions ?

PopFla

We're booked for a cruise on Fantasy for Feb '13 which includes a day in San Juan. We haven't been there before except for transiting through the airport enroute to other destinations.

Anybody got suggestions for a group of five seniors with minor mobility issues ?

TIA ! :cool:

We're booked for a cruise on Fantasy for Feb '13 which includes a day in San Juan. We haven't been there before except for transiting through the airport enroute to other destinations.

Anybody got suggestions for a group of five seniors with minor mobility issues ?

TIA ! :cool:

I've never cruised with Disney, so I'm not aware of their excursions. However, I've been to PR many many times. The top two things I recommend are:

1. Explore Old San Juan, especially the forts (this is easily done on your own). Keep in mind that the forts close at around 4 or 5 pm.

2. El Yunque Rainforest. You'll probably have to pay Disney for this one as it's quite a drive from the Old Town. It's great for hiking and there are a couple waterfalls where the kids can splash around and have a good time. Wear something light that dries quickly or have plenty of towels. It's called a RAINforest for a good reason.

Thanks, Mickey - - I'll check that.

gte937k - - Thanks for the great suggestions. We'll definitely check out the forts. As for the "kids splashing around", the only "kid" in our group is already eligible for Social Security! :D

Archived