Wine delivered to ship

CANDYAPPLE

Not sure where to post this question. Does anyone have any experience with ordering a case of wine delivered to the ship in Los Angeles in time for departure December 16th?

Thanks, in advance for any help provided.

Cheers CANDYAPPLE

Not sure where to post this question. Does anyone have any experience with ordering a case of wine delivered to the ship in Los Angeles in time for departure December 16th?

We did it in France without a problem..

Jancruz1

Cheers CANDYAPPLE

At the time that you place the order, the Liquor Store must be informed that your order needs to be sent in a sturdy, closed (but not sealed) package which is clearly labeled as if it were baggage.

We usually preprint an 8.5 x11 sheet with the following information in a larger font:

• The Name and address of the cruise terminal in question (usually San Pedro, but check your blue booklet to confirm).

• The name of the Cruise Line, the name of the ship, the sailing date AND the sailing time.

• Your Name and your Cabin #

We also put our cell phone # at the bottom of the form as a "just in case", but have never been called.

Enjoy your cruise.......whichever Oceania ship you are sailing, you will find it a giant step up from the Scythia (although I'm pea green with envy that you got to sail in her).

232817.jpg Imagine, 12 days Transatlantic, you could walk faster :rolleyes:

Thank you for the input..any idea from where wine can be ordered? (assume it would need to be near the port.) Our "blue booklet" appears to have been lost in transit. Oceania said they would give out luggage tags at the port. We are on the Regatta...Christmas in Hawaii and New Years in Tahiti.

Although I was young, I remember much of our transatlantic journey in 1954. Liverpool to Cork, to Halifax, to New York through one of the worst North Atlantic winter storms on record. The ship was built in 1921 and served as a troop carrier in the war. It was sailed until 1958, and held the record for many years as the longest sailing Cunarder until the older Queen surpassed 37 years. I was just looking at the passenger list booklet that I received at the time, and menus for the lunch and dinner choices we had. Ahhh...takes me back to my mis spent youth!! lol

Cheers CANDYAPPLE

any idea from where wine can be ordered?

For wines specifically, we have used Off the Vine successfully in the past. They are very helpful and accommodating. They are particularly wonderful about recommending local (for them) wines. We allowed them to guide our selections and we were very pleasantly surprised.

Off the Vine

491 W 6th Street #103 San Pedro, CA 90731-2684

(310) 831-1551

ok, I am a little confused - looking at an Oceania in the fall and read that you are only allowed to bring three bottles of wine oboard per port, so how do you bring a case of wine on board??:confused: The one draw back I had was it is a transatlantic with very few ports and trying to figure out how we will bring wine on board for our room for the entire transatlantic:confused: am I missing the boat?

Oceania's rules about bringing alcohol on board are only there in case someone becomes obnoxious they are not enforced. You may bring any amount of beer, wine or spirits aboard as long as you can (1) handle it without annoying others, and (2) consume it only in your cabin. You may also bring a bottle of your own wine to dinner, but it is subject to a $20 corkage fee.

ok, I am a little confused - looking at an Oceania in the fall and read that you are only allowed to bring three bottles of wine oboard per port, so how do you bring a case of wine on board??:confused: The one draw back I had was it is a transatlantic with very few ports and trying to figure out how we will bring wine on board for our room for the entire transatlantic:confused: am I missing the boat?

From what I've read, there is the "official" policy and then there is the "realistic" policy when it comes to taking wine on board. I like the explanation provided by hondorner. Besides, it's a 21 day cruise, the first five are sea days to Hawaii. We plan to stock up there!!

Cheers CANDYAPPLE

Archived