Alaska Excursions

RLM77

We will be on the June 15th Alaska cruise of the Seven Seas Mariner and it is almost time to select our excursions. I have some questions if anyone could help I would appreciate it mightily!

1. Is the Tracy Fjord trip on the catamaran worth doing?

2. Is it better than the coach tour to the mendenhall glacier?

3. How difficult is it to board the catamaran directly from the ship? :eek:

4. Would it be too much to do both?

I obviously am torn here, Can anyone help? :confused:

Thanks

The Tracy Arm Fjord trip is well worth it. The wildlife is wonderful, the fjord and glaciers that you will see are incredible. I've lived in Juneau all my life and I've always felt that Tracy Arm was better than Glacier Bay. Mendenhall glacier is boring in comparison, it doesn't calve very often and you don't have the chance of seeing whales, and other sea creatures :p . The catamaran is a short walk from the cruise ships.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I am on the same cruise and had previously asked the same question . Overwhelmingly everyone said it was well worth doing. The excursion returns to Juneau at 1pm so there is plenty of time to do Mendenhall (that is my plan too). Will see you then!! Sue

Just to add, I am going to Mendenhall to do a couple of the walks rather than to see another glacier.

Mendenhall will be a huge let-down after Tracy Arm! Tracy Arm is world-class awesome and inspiring, Mendenhall is a pretty but static glacier off in the distance. On our trip to Tracy Arm last September, the whale-viewing was incredible as well.

Murray

Does this Tracy Arm boat trip go all the way to the Twin Sawyer glaciers?? Most trips are full days? I wouldn't consider one if it didn't. But I totally agree, Mendenhall, is a so so glacier for me. Worth a look if it doesn't take away from other desired touring.

Would you RSSC cruisers who do the Tracy Arm excursion in June or early July report on it? Have heard it is excellent but do have Capt Larry booked for 3PM. Shouldn't be a problem, but would love to hear all bout it.

Thanks!

Archived