What is the name of the song they use for line dancing during sail off

gam888

Don't know who else to ask, but there is this music with a male vocal that Carnival always play during their sail off party on deck, and Royal Caribbean used the same song during one occasion as well. People would do some line dancing kind of formation to the song.(Definitely not country and western, it's more hip). Just wondering where do you learn the steps to dance to that music, people seem like they have a lot of practise when they are on deck, any ideas?

Could it be Cupid shuffle - Cupid. I always hear that song on cruises.

Thanks jeliissa, that's the one. I looked up Cupid shuffle on You Tube and indeed that's the song. Now I can learn the moves! Haha! Don't think I will dance in front of everyone but at least now I know what to do!

Is it the Cha Cha Slide?

They play this incessantly. It's easy to follow if you understand the words. It says, "One hop this time" or "Slide to the left" or "Criss Cross".

Check out youtube for line dances.

Is it the Cha Cha Slide?

They play this incessantly. It's easy to follow if you understand the words. It says, "One hop this time" or "Slide to the left" or "Criss Cross".

Check out youtube for line dances.

Thanks tamirpr, You are right as well. The Cha Cha Slide is the song they play on the Carnival sail off party, the Cupid shuffle is the song they play on the Royal Caribbean farewell party. The Cha Cha Slide seems a bit more complicated. More moves!!!

to the right, to the right, to the right, to the right, to the left , to the left, to the left, to the left, now kick(right), & kick (left), & kick (right), & kick (left), now walk out, now walk it out, now walk it out, now walk it out.....repeat Over and Over again......

love it!

Carnival plays Cupid Shuffle, too. We do it every cruise at sailaway! Even DH, who does NOT dance, will do the shuffle with me! It's really simple to learn. If you can count to 4 and know your left from your right, you can do that dance!

Thanks tamirpr, You are right as well. The Cha Cha Slide is the song they play on the Carnival sail off party, the Cupid shuffle is the song they play on the Royal Caribbean farewell party. The Cha Cha Slide seems a bit more complicated. More moves!!!

Carnival plays both songs during the sailaway party, at least they did last year and this year when I sailed on The Victory.

Never even heard of the Cupid Shuffle, haven't heard it on any cruise we've been on.

The Cha Cha Slide used to be done all the time.......it was even almost an unofficial theme song--it was blaring from the ship at Port Canaveral as people were lined up to board.

That said, I didn't hear the Cha Cha Slide at all for our last two cruises.

Carnival plays Cupid Shuffle, too. We do it every cruise at sailaway! Even DH, who does NOT dance, will do the shuffle with me! It's really simple to learn. If you can count to 4 and know your left from your right, you can do that dance!

I know how to count and know my left from my right but boy can I screw it up and thats before the DOD:)

Last Saturday I watched several cruise ships leaving Port Everglades on the webcam(http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com). Several Princess and HAL ships as well as a few RCI passed in stark silence. Then came the Carnival Freedom with the cupid shuffle blaring from the lido deck. I could see people dancing up there. I thought to myself, I know which ship I'd rather be on. Carnival really did have the fun!

Several Princess and HAL ships as well as a few RCI passed in stark silence. Then came the Carnival Freedom with the cupid shuffle blaring from the lido deck. I could see people dancing up there. I thought to myself, I know which ship I'd rather be on. Carnival really did have the fun!

The ironic thing is that the same fun atmosphere that attracts so many to Carnival, is the same atmosphere that those HAL and Princess cruisers are horrified by and are trying to avoid. :rolleyes:

When we sailed on RCI out of Port Everglades a few months ago, we experienced something completely different than what we had experienced before. There wasn't a sailaway party like the one on Carnival. Instead, they had a "Countdown to Sailaway" Show featuring the Dreamworks characters (Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda). It was a full production at the Aqua Theater on the back of the ship, coordinated with the ship's bridge. The Captain gets in the action as "live" images from the bridge (actually pre-recorded but designed to look live) are shown on the large video screens, and the Madagascar penguins kidnap the Captain and take over the ship. People are encouraged to stand up, dance and clap to the beat of the music as the characters perform.

It was awesome because it was innovative and high tech (the countdown was coordinated so that the ship would actually start moving when they reached zero), but its definitely not the same kind of fun as Carnival's sailaway parties.

Archived