Conflicting FUNSHIP DOLLARS info - help!

Ykgorbie

I called Carnival and purchased some Funship Dollars. I have nothing booked right now, so didn't want them filled out. The Carnival rep assured me I could just bring them with me on the next cruise and put them down on our Sail and Sign account.

I rec'd them in the mail this week and on the back it says " To Use This Certificate For An Onboard Credit You MUST Do The Following at Least 15 Days Before Your Cruise: mail it in via certified mail...."

So, my question is: Has anyone ever used the Funship Dollars after boarding without mailing them in ahead of time?

I wouldn't think that it's possible, especially since they take $100 off of the balance due of your cruise or credit you if it's already paid. Realize that Guest Servi9ces is very limited as to what they can do and must go through the corp office in FL for just about everything administrative.

You can also fax the certificate in, which is easier the mailing it.

I wouldn't think that it's possible, especially since they take $100 off of the balance due of your cruise or credit you if it's already paid. Realize that Guest Servi9ces is very limited as to what they can do and must go through the corp office in FL for just about everything administrative.

They are talking about funship dollars not FCC. There is a link now where you can apply them to your account online.

They are talking about funship dollars not FCC. There is a link now where you can apply them to your account online.

Ooops:o Right you are...the OP mentioned certificates and the 1st thing I thought about were FCC's.

Thanks.

Well, I hope that we can just bring them on board since I know my family is giving us fun ship dollars for Christmas and we are leaving the day after! We are planning on just depositing them when we get on board.

Well, I hope that we can just bring them on board since I know my family is giving us fun ship dollars for Christmas and we are leaving the day after! We are planning on just depositing them when we get on board.

When you get back, would you mind posting to let me know if you had any problems doing so ? Thanks ! And bon voyage !

I just asked about this when ordering some yesterday and was told they CAN NOT be applied on board.

I would have your family give you the certificate info (numbers or other identifying info) and have it applied before the trip. While they MAY accept them onboard, it doesn't seem worth the risk to hope they will.

I just asked about this when ordering some yesterday and was told they CAN NOT be applied on board. l.

the person on the other side of the phone has no idea what they were talking about-- and more then likly was reading the back.

In 15 cruises I have always carried them with me. (including on the past cruise in February and we have tons we are taking with us this Janaury.

Many people buy these for gifts-- I myself requested them for the holidays.

and do not trust the US mail to get them processed before my cruise.

They CAN be applied onboard

It appears as though you can redeem them online and have them applied to your account as an onboard credit as long as you do it five days before sailing. I was trying to post the link but it keeps getting edited out

You can get there by going to the Carnival main page and typing fun ship dollars into the "Search Carnival" search box at the top right hand side of the page. That takes you to some links, the first link is the Funship Dollars page, click that.

That takes you to the description page that explains fun ship dollars and how to order or redeem them. Under "Description" on that same page there is a link that says "click for terms and conditions". Click that.

This will open a separate window with terms and conditions and also the link to the redemption form. The redemption form asks for your booking number, certificate number etc and how you want it applied, as payment to your cruise or as onboard credit. When you're finished there is a Submit button to send it to Carnival. The credit should show up in your billing tab under your Manage My Cruise section probably 24-48 hours or so later.

I hope this wasn't too confusing and I hope it helps/works. It's worth a try anyway.

I have tried to apply them online a few different times and it hasn't worked. I enter all the info and click submit but nothing happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. Called the people you talk to when ordering the funship dollars and they did it for me on the phone.

Would be nice if the form worked

I have tried to apply them online a few different times and it hasn't worked. I enter all the info and click submit but nothing happens.

I had the same problem. Would be nice if the form worked

I was having the same problem but discovered that you need to have "compatibility view" turned on in your browser. Go to Tools, then Compatibility View, and the online form will work!

Umm, respectfully disagree that Carnival takes $100 off of the balance of your cruise. I buy Funship Dollars every year and always well before my cruise is paid off. Carnival has never, ever taken that money off my cruise balance. I'm buying Funship dollars so I have an OBC when I get on a ship. Indeed, when I purchase Funship dollars, I'm not even on the "Manage Your Cruise" webpage where payments are normally made. I would be highly upset if Carnival took my Funship dollars and applied them toward my cruise balance. Sorry, doesn't happen, at least not intentionally.

And afcj1, I just read your follow up post - my bad. My brain gets twisted more than I like as well.

Umm, respectfully disagree that Carnival takes $100 off of the balance of your cruise. I buy Funship Dollars every year and always well before my cruise is paid off. Carnival has never, ever taken that money off my cruise balance. I'm buying Funship dollars so I have an OBC when I get on a ship. Indeed, when I purchase Funship dollars, I'm not even on the "Manage Your Cruise" webpage where payments are normally made. I would be highly upset if Carnival took my Funship dollars and applied them toward my cruise balance. Sorry, doesn't happen, at least not intentionally.

And afcj1, I just read your follow up post - my bad. My brain gets twisted more than I like as well.

If you would have read the whole post, they thought the OP was talking about the FCC. So please read before posting.

the person on the other side of the phone has no idea what they were talking about-- and more then likly was reading the back.

In 15 cruises I have always carried them with me. (including on the past cruise in February and we have tons we are taking with us this Janaury.

Many people buy these for gifts-- I myself requested them for the holidays.

and do not trust the US mail to get them processed before my cruise.

They CAN be applied onboard

Serene, and others, I was online with the department selling Funship dollars just yesterday afternoon and I asked specifically about bringing them onboard and having them applied at that time. I was told they either had to be mailed in so that they arrived AT LEAST five days before our cruise or they could be entered online. In addition, the paperwork I've gotten with my Funship dollars says they must be entered/logged at least five days before the cruise. They cannot be brought onboard. Now, if this is a new policy, I don't know as I've never tried bringing them onboard in the past.

Gotta love consistency.

If you would have read the whole post, they thought the OP was talking about the FCC. So please read before posting.

LOL - you should read whole posts as well before replying - check out the quote in your reply - last line ;)

Serene, and others, I was online with the department selling Funship dollars just yesterday afternoon and I asked specifically about bringing them onboard and having them applied at that time. I was told they either had to be mailed in so that they arrived AT LEAST five days before our cruise or they could be entered online. In addition, the paperwork I've gotten with my Funship dollars says they must be entered/logged at least five days before the cruise. They cannot be brought onboard. Now, if this is a new policy, I don't know as I've never tried bringing them onboard in the past.

Gotta love consistency.

call again and get another person. Sad thing is= the people who work there have no clue. (they are not even in Miami where Carnival is based) they are reading the back of the certificate)

my dad got a called this week too- I told him just to tell the person they are holiday presents for various family members.

I have ton of certificates that I am taking with me in January.

call again and get another person. Sad thing is= the people who work there have no clue. (they are not even in Miami where Carnival is based) they are reading the back of the certificate)

my dad got a called this week too- I told him just to tell the person they are holiday presents for various family members.

I have ton of certificates that I am taking with me in January.

They really do need to be consistent with the Funship Dollars. Because of that inconsistency, I don't think I'd ever want to run the risk of taking my dollars onboard with me and have someone tell me they can't be used. It's much easier to just enter them online which I've already done and have been credited.

Archived