Bicycle Sightseeing/ Tour in Vietnam

stevenr597

My wife and I are scheduled to sail on the MS Azamara Quest, early Feb. (Southeast Asia.) We have booked a bike tour during our DaNang stop which will go through the village of Hoi An. We are casual bikers. Does anybody having any knowledge of this tour isuch as, ...what type of bikes are used, ...is the biking difficult ? ...what should we wear? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

My wife and I are scheduled to sail on the MS Azamara Quest, early Feb. (Southeast Asia.) We have booked a bike tour during our DaNang stop which will go through the village of Hoi An. We are casual bikers. Does anybody having any knowledge of this tour isuch as, ...what type of bikes are used, ...is the biking difficult ? ...what should we wear? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Hello Stevenr597 –

I’ll seek answers to your questions for more details about the tour and will respond to you when I’m able.

In the meantime, I assume that you’ve been able to review the tour description of “Countryside by Bicycle and Hoi An City” which you can review on our website by using this link to download or read a brochure of the shore excursions associated with your voyage. I noticed that this unique exploration by bicycle to see the rural lives of the local people was categorized as “strenuous.”

http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/shoreExcursions/brochure/view.do

Please stay tuned!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

We too are booked onto a bike tour from Danang! However might well be on cruise after you as cruise commences 15th Feb.

We are casual bikers too but very confident that it will be absolutley fine!

Have a great trip! We can't wait!

We rented bikes for a day in Hoi an when we were there last year on a DIY land trip. Riding in and around Hoi an is about as easy as it gets as roads are flat and traffic is light outside of the town. The tour is described as rural riding, so you'll probably have limited riding within the town. The bikes will probably by one speed coasters. Wear comfortable clothes ... shorts, lightweight top, hat, and sneakers, light hikers or other closed toe shoes. You'll probably need good sun protection. You may want to take a long sleeve shirt in a backpack in case the temp. is cool. Exploring on bikes was one of the highlights of our trip. Have fun!!

We did this shore excursion in Feb 2010 and it was terrific! The bikes were new, bottled water (a good international brand) was provided, the ride was mostly rural, and the terrain flat. It was HOT and HUMID so I was glad that I wore a t-shirt, long shorts, and sneakers. I wore a waterproof sport sunblock, a big floppy hat, and sunglasses - all must have items for this tour. The local Tiger Biere Larue never tasted better at the end of this ride - and the included lunch at Miss Ly's Morning Glory was spectacular.

20160_1222218711185_1100465529_30525107_4696112_n.jpg

We did this shore excursion in Feb 2010 and it was terrific! The bikes were new, bottled water (a good international brand) was provided, the ride was mostly rural, and the terrain flat. It was HOT and HUMID so I was glad that I wore a t-shirt, long shorts, and sneakers. I wore a waterproof sport sunblock, a big floppy hat, and sunglasses - all must have items for this tour. The local Tiger Biere Larue never tasted better at the end of this ride - and the included lunch at Miss Ly's Morning Glory was spectacular.

20160_1222218711185_1100465529_30525107_4696112_n.jpg

Hi, I'm thinking of booking this tour - although we aren't frequent cyclists we are both pretty fit........ how long would you say the cycling was in both distance and time on the saddle??? I know the tour description of 'Strenuous' is a bit of a CYA for the cruise line, but I don't fancy walking around like John Wayne for the next three days.

Info on tour says max height is 6'2" tall. Any idea if the bikes would accommodate a man who is 6' 4" tall?

My partner is 6'2" and didn't have to even adjust the seat. These are pretty normal sized street cruising bikes, so I think 6'4" will be just fine. Nobody was taking measurements when we were there!

Archived