Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

Not sure I can be of a lot of help... the AQ cabin we saw on deck 9 was formerly a CC cabin on Infinity now re-labeled AQ. It looked exactly the same as our CC cabin on deck 7, except for the shower and the shower door... we had a shower curtain and a regular shower head.

This was our first time on Celebrity... but we like smaller ships vs larger one and Infinity looked to be in great shape to us. I should also state that we are 'destination cruisers' and we have liked all the cruise ships we have ever been on.:)

Thank you! I am just wondering if the decor had been updated: white duvets, browns/burgundy color scheme, etc.

Just spent 2 weeks in on deck 11 in # 1138 and can reassure anyone there are no issues to worry about. The balcony is odd shaped adding about 4 feet on the right side which makes the balcony much bigger than normal.

The overhang from deck 12 covers about 1/2 of the balcony for 1138 and there is sun to be had as well as shade if you need it.

No issues with noise ever! No issues with smoke ever!

No basketball court on 12 - that is way up forward. The only use deck 12 gets above this room is for sun bathing. We did have a banging noise during the night when we had a real wind storm outside - but I think that came from deck chairs banging against the railing in the storm. Never happened again though.

All in all the room was great. New everything and the shower was nice. Could have had more water pressure.

Sorry - I have pictures but for some reason they won't upload. Rest assurred though - if you pick aft deck 11 you won't be disappointed.

Yippee, that's our room in Feb on the Summit! Thanks for the great feedback and pics below. :D

Did you enjoy the music from the Aft bar while on your balcony? I see that this might be a nice treat when unwinding with an adult beverage! :p

[attach]219291[/attach]

[attach]219292[/attach]

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. We have AQ 1138 on the Millennium in the South Seas next year, so are very glad to be able to see the balcony.

Did you take any photos of the interior?

Did you enjoy the music coming up from the bar below? We're actually looking forward to sitting on our balcony and enjoying the music.

Again, thanks so much for posting.

[attach]219291[/attach]

[attach]219292[/attach]

Ljanski.

Thanks for the pics. These were the ones we were waiting for. 1138 is our cabin on the Summit in April. Anything else you would like to add is appreciated. More pics??? Keep 'em coming.

Thanks again. :)

Yes... I did go to deck 12 and looked down because I had a similar concern after seeing the additions during the refurb. After checking the area, I no longer have any 'privacy concerns' with the AQ cabins on deck 11. I have attached some photos.

suncityga,

Thanks for the pics. These are great. Just what I was looking for. :)

Yippee, that's our room in Feb on the Summit! Thanks for the great feedback and pics below. :D

Did you enjoy the music from the Aft bar while on your balcony? I see that this might be a nice treat when unwinding with an adult beverage! :p

just remember that the rope and a bucket down to the bar was my idea:D

We'll have to find a name for it:p

If someone can teach me how to upload photos, I can provide you with interior pics of AQ 1140 as well as the balcony as we just returned from the Infinity last week and stayed in that cabin. If you can grab it - get it. Fantastic cabin - no privacy concerns at all - balcony is huge too.

If someone can teach me how to upload photos, I can provide you with interior pics of AQ 1140 as well as the balcony as we just returned from the Infinity last week and stayed in that cabin. If you can grab it - get it. Fantastic cabin - no privacy concerns at all - balcony is huge too.

Toronto Guy,

I use Photobucket (www.photobucket.com)

It's free.

1- Create an account

2- Upload photos(s) into an album that you create.

photobucketupload.jpg

Click the green "UPLOAD" button.

3- Go to your album "VIEW ALBUM"

4- Select the photo that you want to use on Cruise Critic.

5- Click in this area. (red circle) It will copy the link to your computer clipboard.

photobucketclick.jpg

6- Come back to your Cruise Critic post and paste it in (it will be a text string, no photo yet).

7- Preview your post before you "Submit Reply" to make sure that it works (photo will show up in the preview) and you should have a nice photo in your final post...

SRT.jpg

Edited by MrJulius

The aft balconies are "shaping" up like this.

I extended the balconies on cabins 1138, 1140, and 1141 based on the pics I've seen so far.

I did an overlay of deck 11 and deck 10:

aftbalconies.jpg

Not to scale, of course.:)

Cabins 1130 and 1133 look like regular balconies.

Cabin 1140 looks like a balcony with a full extension.

Cabins 1138 and 1141 look like they have a balcony with half that extension (due to angle of the railing).

1140 looks like the one to grab if you have a chance. No stairs looking at you and the largest and most private balcony.

1138 and 1141 are a close second. Almost as big a balcony but due to the angle you can be looking at people that may be looking at you. They don't

have hallways along one of the walls or stairways right next to your balcony.

1130 and 1133 have the smaller balconies, least amount of privacy, have a hallway that runs along one of your walls and stairs right next to your balcony divider.

NOTE: All of the aft cabins beat your living room at home. :D

• Like 1

just remember that the rope and a bucket down to the bar was my idea:D

We'll have to find a name for it:p

I'll remember...I remember it mentioned previously and thought it was a fab idea! Hee-hee! I'll let you know how it works out...:D

Makes that 10% off the drink package an even better deal, huh?

Safe and fun travels to you...

MRJulius - - you've got it right.

I stayed in cabin 1138 and friends had 1130. Your drawing and observations are correct.

Although - the balcony on 1138 really doesn't have anybody staring at you. Best looks like 1140, but 1138 is right up there!

The aft balconies are "shaping" up like this.

I extended the balconies on cabins 1138, 1140, and 1141 based on the pics I've seen so far.

I did an overlay of deck 11 and deck 10:

aftbalconies.jpg

Not to scale, of course.:)

Cabins 1130 and 1133 look like regular balconies.

Cabin 1140 looks like a balcony with a full extension.

Cabins 1138 and 1141 look like they have a balcony with half that extension (due to angle of the railing).

1140 looks like the one to grab if you have a chance. No stairs looking at you and the largest and most private balcony.

Yay! thank you for this information. Last summer we booked cabin 1140 on Millie for our cruise to Alaska for this coming summer. Was nervous about booking it due to the concerns mentioned by others on CC (privacy, etc). Like others, have eagerly been awaiting pictures and information about these new cabins. This thread, pictures, comments, and now your drawing and comments have made me very happy with our choice. :D

Happy Cruiser: Don't worry - there is still PLENTY of space on that back deck, the new balconies/staircases really don't have any impact at all. They lost a couple of tables but we never had difficulty getting a table at any time of day.

CT: No not at all, the flag is only there when in port - and the photo makes it look closer than it actually is.

1140 is my new favourite cabin on Millennium Class. Previously I had been in CC aft cabins and this location is actually better because it has more sunshine. There is also plenty of cover if required. I think this one is the best of the Deck 11 aft balconies though as it allows you to see both directions from the back. There are some minor privacy issues with the others (not too bad though) so I really wouldn't hesitate booking any of them. I really LOVED being so close to the aft bar, especially when you are on the drink package. So easy to run down and grab a table//meet friends etc.

Great pics, thank you! So happy to see they updated the balcony furniture and added foot rests!! Never realized what a difference the foot rests are until we had them on our recent cruise! Hope all Aqua cabins on summit have them!