Does our cruise on 13th February 2012 fall on school holidays?

dln929

I am curious. We are on the Independence of the Seas sailing out of Southampton on Monday, 13th of February. The ship is remarkably full and the prices have gone up, not down, as they sometimes do when it gets close to sailing. Are the schools on their breaks?

Also, I read somewhere that there are more British foods and drinks on this cruise than on other RCI ships. Is this true? My husband was born in the UK and he misses good ale and beer and the occasional pork pie. :D Do you think he'll be in luck on the Indy?

Hi I just checked and school holidays in our area do indeed run 10-20th Feb next year.

As for the food, there are a few unusual RCI takes on British classics that as you said are only available on Indie and there is British beer available as well as the RCI standard offerings.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi I just checked and school holidays in our area do indeed run 10-20th Feb next year.

As for the food, there are a few unusual RCI takes on British classics that as you said are only available on Indie and there is British beer available as well as the RCI standard offerings.

Enjoy your cruise!

Looks like we're in for a lively holiday then! I'm glad there's British beer. :D

Ahh I was thinking our cruise on the 24th February might be the half term holidays but yes I just checked Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire and they are both from 10th February. (When my kids were at school those 2 counties used to be on different weeks in February)

The Indy also has tea in the cabins I'm told to cater for the Brits :)

Archived