scooters

oliverbc

Does a Lynx L3 fit through the cabin doors? We have rented before but want to take my own. Sandra

Totally depends on several variables

*Width of scooter at widest point. If you use/need armrest than widest point may not be at base of scooter . Wdest point may be from armrest to armrest .

*Cruiseship

*Type catagory booked. If booked in a Fully Accessibled HC cabin ( not a modified HC cabin as Carnival and Holland America also offer) the scooter should fit through the doorway. Any other cabin type you need to check with the cruise line.

Suggest you measure your scooter and contact the cruiseline for the width of the cabin door . Important to note that the cruiseline will give you the measure from door frame to door frame. You than have to deduct 2" to allow for the width of the door when opened as that will cut into the clearance opening.

Totally depends on several variables

Suggest you measure your scooter and contact the cruiseline for the width of the cabin door . Important to note that the cruiseline will give you the measure from door frame to door frame. You than have to deduct 2" to allow for the width of the door when opened as that will cut into the clearance opening.

Be sure and do your own measuring - the written specs can be less than accurate for this purpose - our back wheels have "spread" a little over the years. I would allow more than 2" for the door unless you are familiar with the ship and cabin from previous cruises - on our last cruise there was a built in magnetic door stop - very useful - but it did cut 3" from the entrance way and meant that Harry needed to be very precise in his steering and head straight on through the door and avoid getting too close on the door side.

Colleen

I measured outside wheels in rear and it is 19 inches. We will take off the armrests. Should be good.

As long as you remove the armrests you should have no problem. I've been in standard inside cabins with a Pride GoGo that I have gotten through the doorway with the armrests removed with no problem.

Here's some tips though.

• Have the coffee table removed from the room to allow for extra floor space.
  • I also remove the desk chair so the scooter can be pulled up right next to the desk so it can be plugged in and charged.
  • Also if your seat turns it can double as the seat to use when needing the desk.
  • Also since the Lynx 3 is 3 wheels it should have a very tight turning radius. With a little patience and the scooter speed dialed down to "turtle" you can actually do a 3 point ( even 4 point if needed) turn so that it can be driven out of the cabin rather than backing it out of the cabin. Trust me I do all the time when I'm in a standard inside cabin.

Whatever you do please do not store the scooter in the hallway. First it's a Coast Guard and Cruise Line Safety regulation that all scooters/wheelchairs must be stored in the cabin when not in use. Secondly if left in the hallway way you are impairing the safety of others that need to move through the halways. Especially those that use and type of moblity equipment. If you are unable to get the scooter into the cabin please contact Guest Services and they will arrange to have it safely stored each night and return to you in the morning when needed.

Archived