looking to get a bridge tour, need help

cabana

The Captain of the Sun is William Kent and he is wonderful. If you send him a letter, address it to him and leave it at the purser's desk, you may just get an invite to the bridge. It worked for me and my son. It was awesome, the highlight of my cruise, for sure.

Corinne

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone out there happen to know the name of the captain on the Sapphire Princess? We are going on our first cruise in August to Alaska. I have spent so much time on this Cruise Critic board that everyday my husband says, " well, do you know the name of the captain yet?" He would just die if I could answer, " well as a matter of fact I do."

From July - September, the Master is the Relief Captain of the ship, Captain Christopher F Rynd. See below for his profile - that should keep your husband happy!!!!! :p :D

Captain Christopher F Rynd

Captain Rynd was born in Waiuku, New Zealand and grew up in the Far-East, Fiji and Samoa. He went to sea at the age of seventeen as a cadet in the Union Steam Ship Company of New Zealand, before joining P&O Cruises in 1974.

He gained his Master's Certificate in 1979 and widened his professional experience as a reserve officer in the ships of the British Navy. He has previously commanded the original Pacific Princess, the Pacific Sky, the Regal Princess, the new Pacific Princess and most recently, the Royal and Sapphire Princess.

His interests apart from a full family life include sailing small yachts, hiking, gardening, and fly fishing and amongst his passive interests are classical music and history. He is married, has three teenage children and lives in Australia.

Chris Rynd is a very personable fellow. We sailed three times with him while he was Staff Captain, and just missed him as Captain when we were on Pacific Princess (new) 11-03, as he just went on vacation.

Archived